Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vikings 17, Bucs 36

The Vikings fall to the Bucs 36-17 tonight to fall to 5-3 on the season.  The Vikings didn't show up to play tonight, they looked really bad.  Still, a 5-3 record at the half way point is much better than I had anticipated.  The schedule doesn't get any easier from here on out though, I think they may struggle to finish 8-8 on the season.  They've really been exposed recently, 8 in the block, blitz someone pretty much every down, make Ponder make a play, he hasn't been too successful at it lately.   The more I see Ponder play, the less convinced I am that he's not the long term answer, I'm just not seeing it, he's making the same mistakes over and over again, he also doesn't have the arm to stretch the field (there's a lot of loft in his deep throws), those aren't good attributes for an NFL QB.  Hopefully, I'm wrong and things start to click for him but I'm not optimistic at this point.  It might be wise for them to hold onto Joe Webb for awhile.  The defense needs to play better too, they couldn't get off the field. 

Observations:

No comments:

Post a Comment