I miss music videos.
Sunday, December 4, 2016
The Cardinals knocked off the Redskins 31-23 today in Glendale. The Cardinals improve to 5-6-1 on the season with this win. The Cardinals razor thin playoff hopes remain alive for at least another week. With just 4 games left, they are going to have to run the table to have a chance. This was probably the most complete game the Cardinals have played in several weeks. I think they still have a run in them, I just hope they didn't wait too long to wake up from their slumber.
- David Johnson is the Cardinals clear team MVP this season.
- That was probably the best that Carson Palmer looked this season.
- Larry Fitzgerald was money again as he climb up the record book.
- That fourth down and 1 call late in the game was a ballsy call by Bruce Arians.
- Heckuva touchdown grab by J.J. Nelson late in the game.
- Patrick Peterson was clutch when it counted once again.
- The Cardinals revamped offensive line held up well today.
- Time of Possession: Cardinals 33:46, Redskins 26:14
- Turnovers: Redskins 2, Cardinals 0
- I hope that it's not Calais Campbell's last season with the Cardinals.
- It's been a remarkable transformation for D.J. Humphries this season.
- The Cardinals still haven't given up 300 yards passing in a game this season.
- It was nice to see the struggling Michael Floyd catch a touchdown pass.
- I'd still like to see more from Andre Ellington.
- That was Kirk Cousins first interception in five weeks.
- I'm still waiting for Robert Nkemdiche to make an impact.
- Markus Golden continues to impress at DE for the Cardinals.
- If Bruce Arians were to step aside, I don't see a replacement on their staff.
- It was a beautiful day for some outdoor football.
- Up next? @ Miami Dolphins next Sunday.
Posted by Dude at 6:21 PM
Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Only a narcissist like Donald Trump would go on a victory tour.
- U.S. abortion rate falls to lowest level in decades under Barack Obama.
- Qui Nguyen wins the 2016 World Series of Poker Main Event.
- I suspect that the working class Trump voters will regret their votes.
- Donald Trump should rethink his use of Twitter.
- The best movies of 2016 lists are starting to trickle in.
- Texas fires Charlie Strong as head football coach & hires Tom Herman.
- It would not be wise for Donald Trump to tear up the Iran nuclear deal.
- Is it too early for a 2017 NFL Mock Draft? Nah.
- RIP Florence Henderson & Joe McKnight.
- Color me less than impressed by recent Donald Trump appointments.
- I'm becoming infatuated with Lily Rader & Sindy Vega.
- LSU names Ed Orgeron as permanent head football coach.
- I'm a bit dubious about Donald Trump's deal making claims.
- North Carolina ordered to re-draw gerrymandered congressional districts.
- Oregon fires head football coach Mark Helfrich.
- The Barack Obama economy will be hard for Donald Trump to beat.
- Why is Donald Trump so worried about a recount in three swing states?
- Indiana fires head football coach Kevin Wilson; hires Tom Allen.
- Why do Republicans think lower corporate taxes will stimulate the economy?
Posted by Dude at 6:51 AM
Friday, December 2, 2016
Thursday, December 1, 2016
The Vikings lost to the Cowboys 17-15 tonight in Minneapolis. The Vikings fall to 6-6 on the season with this loss. The Vikings playoff hopes are dwindling by the week. Nothing seems to have gone right for them after that great 5-0 start to the season. Their defense is keeping them in games, but the lack of touchdowns is killing them (field goals will only take you so far). Week after week it's the same thing too. Very discouraging to watch.
- That Vikings injury depleted offense is just brutal.
- The Vikings margin for error is incredibly low nowadays.
- That fumbled punt return by Adam Thielen was a killer.
- Everson Griffen continues to make plays.
- How was their no flag on that failed Vikings 2 point conversion?
- The Vikings defense kept the Vikings within striking distance in this one.
- It's getting to the point that the Vikings defense needs to score for them to win.
- Mike Priefer seems like an odd choice as interim head coach for the Vikings.
- The Zimmer defense seemed to have Dak Prescott on his heels tonight.
- Brian Robison is holding up quite well for a 33 year old DE.
- Props to Vikings Defensive Coordinator George Edwards tonight.
- I can hardly recognize that Vikings offensive line at this point.
- The Vikings have become very predictable on third down.
- Jerick McKinnon obviously didn't pass the ball much at Georgia Southern.
- Danielle Hunter is quietly now up to 9.5 sacks on the season.
- Sam Bradford appears to agree with Kyle Rudolph.
- Kai Forbath is still perfect on the year for the Vikings.
- Jeff Locke really struggled tonight after being heaped with praise all week.
- It would be nice if Laquon Treadwell could develop into a Dez Bryant clone.
- Those Vikings color rush uniforms were very purple.
- Up next? @ Jacksonville Jaguars next Sunday.
Posted by Dude at 8:38 PM
- Diamondbacks trade Jean Segura to the Mariners.
- Lots of big money interests colluded to keep smoking pot a crime in Arizona.
- What a disaster of a season it's been for the Arizona Cardinals.
- Why is Doug Ducey packing the Arizona Supreme Court?
- Arizona incomes up in 2015 but lagged national average.
- John McCain doesn't stand with the working class of Arizona.
- Mesa Solar Sox win the 2016 Arizona Fall League title.
- Remember that time that Russia hacked the Arizona Election System?
- Gleyber Torres named 2016 Arizona Fall League MVP.
- It looks like there will be a new marijuana bill on the ballot in 2017.
- The Arizona United soccer team announces plans for Scottsdale complex.
- I had forgotten that this years Fiesta Bowl was a round one NCAA playoff game.
- Arizona is not the best place to find charitable giving.
- I need to get out and explore Arizona more!
- You can find the Top 30 Arizona Diamondback prospects here.
- Of course John McCain wants to criminalize flag burning.
- Why haven't the Sun Devils fired Todd Graham yet?
- Lucid Moters will begin manufacturing in Arizona in 2017.
- 2016 has been a horrible year for professional sports teams in Arizona.
- Why does the Arizona Attorney General want abortion records?
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Have you heard? They are going to recount the Presidential election results in Wisconsin, and perhaps Michigan and Pennsylvania. Donald Trump is not happy about it either. I'm wondering what he is so concerned about. Generally, I'm not a fan of recounts but something is not smelling right about this past election and I fully support a recount. I'm not expecting the results to change but I do want some peace of mind knowing that we do have the right person sitting in the White House (unlike in the 2000 election).
Lets take a look at some of the evidence:
Lets take a look at some of the evidence:
- Hillary Clinton's popular vote lead is climbing towards 2.5 million votes. That's unprecedented for someone who lost the electoral college.
- All of the polls prior to the election had Hillary Clinton with a clear path to victory. Not just a few of the polls, all of them. Statistically, what are the chances of someone winning all of the polls then losing the actual election? It can't be too high.
- Exit polls showed a clear edge to Hillary Clinton. Doesn't it seem odd that when people left the polling places they indicated that they had voted for Hillary Clinton then when the votes were counted Donald Trump actually came out on top?
- Russian hackers were actively attacking the Democratic party and state election sites. How is it out of the question that they could have hacked a few state sites and implanted some malware that change the votes then destruct after the vote had been counted? Edward Snowden thinks it's possible and plausible. Anomalies have been found too.
- There have been rumors of a Trump server communicating directly with Russia. Isn't it a bit odd that the Trump team was communicating directly with a nation that we know has been hacking our elections?
Add all of the above together and isn't there a compelling case to support a vote recount? I think so.
Posted by Dude at 4:38 AM
Monday, November 28, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016
The Cardinals fell to the Falcons 38-19 today in Atlanta. The Cardinals drop to 4-6-1 after this loss. Their slim playoff hopes became even slimmer. I have to imagine they would need to sweep their remaining 5 games to have even any sort of shot at the playoffs (and even that would be no certainty). Things have just never really clicked with this team this year, they've been outplayed and out-coached numerous times. I just think they got a bit full of themselves over the past offseason and didn't put in the work they need to (and that applies to the front office, coaches and players).
- The Cardinals continue to struggle in early eastern time zone road games.
- I can't even imagine how bad the Cardinals would be without David Johnson.
- Larry Fitzgerald continues to amaze me.
- Watching the Cardinals defense makes me realize how misleading statistics can be.
- The Cardinals revamped offensive line did Carson Palmer no favors.
- Jermaine Gresham has been pretty solid at TE for the Cardinals lately.
- That fourth down offsides penalty on Calais Campbell was a killer.
- I'm guessing that Michael Floyd is not back with the Cardinals next year.
- That dropped interception by D.J. Swearinger cost the Cardinals 7 points.
- I'm not sure if there's a better WR in the NFL than Julio Jones.
- Time of Possession: Falcons 34:22, Cardinals 25:38
- It was nice to see Tyrann Mathieu back on the field.
- It's still hard to believe that Drew Butler has a job.
- Ron Jaworski pretty much nailed it when he called Cardinals 'mentally weak'.
- Is it time to re-evaluate Steve Keim's scouting acumen?
- The Falcons WR crew ate the Cardinals for lunch today.
- That Falcon touchdown catch by Taylor Gabriel was pretty impressive.
- As a Minnesota Gopher fan it was nice to see De'Vondre Campbell with an interception.
- Cardinal draft needs: OL, QB & more OL.
- Up next? Washington Redskins @ University of Phoenix Stadium next Sunday.
Posted by Dude at 1:13 PM
Saturday, November 26, 2016
The Gophers fell to the Badgers 31-17 today in Madison. The Gophers close their regular season with an 8-4 record. The Gophers led 17-7 at halftime and were leading into the fourth quarter, bad Mitch Leidner showed up though and threw 4 horrible interceptions in the second half and the Gophers had no chance. I'm glad I will only need to sit through one more game of Mitch Leidner as Gopher QB, I was expecting much more from a 5th year Senior QB. All 4 of the Gopher loses followed the same script too, it was very disheartening to watch.
- I put this loss on Mitch Leidner, not Tracy Claeys.
- The Gophers left too many points on the field today.
- Wisconsin sacked Mitch Leidner 6 times today.
- Mitch Leidner has the tendency to lock into his receivers very early.
- That Drew Wolitarsky drop in the end zone cost the Gophers 4 points.
- Good Mitch Leidner in first half; bad Mitch Leidner in the second half.
- So many dropped passes by the Gophers WR's today.
- That was a huge forced fumble by Jonathan Celestin late in the game.
- 2nd Half Scoring: Wisconsin 24, Minnesota 0
- Turnovers: Minnesota 4, Wisconsin 1
- Time of Possession: Wisconsin 32:59, Minnesota 27:01
- The Gophers best offensive drives are often their first offensive drives.
- The biggest failure of Kill/Claeys era has been the inability to find a quality QB.
- Gophers DT Scoobie Timms got robbed of a sack early on.
- That Mitch Leidner red zone interception cost the Gophers at least 3 points.
- Why don't other teams get targeting calls against them?
- Ernie Wheelwright > Robert Wheelwright.
- The Paul Bunyan Axe stays in Madison for the 13th straight year.
- Up next? An as yet to be determined bowl game.
Posted by Dude at 4:10 PM
The Sun Devils fell to the University of Arizona 56-35 last night in Tucson. The Sun Devils close out their 2016 season with a 5-7 record. The Sun Devils lost their last 7 games of the season. Needless to say, there will be no bowl games this year for the Sun Devils. That will end their streak of five straight bowl games. Personally, I wouldn't be upset if this was Todd Graham's last season in Tempe, but I'm not betting on it. They have gotten worse each of the last four years, they were historically bad on defense and their offense was incredibly inconsistent, plus they got their asses handed to them by their most hated rival (who themselves have been pretty miserable this season). I just really dislike the style of play he employs on both sides of the ball. I thought the coaching staff turnover last offseason was also a very telling sign about Coach Graham. Move on already Ray Anderson, we've seen enough.
- The Territorial Cup moves to Tucson.
- Arizona State has won just 7 of it's last 19 games.
- The effort level could have been higher for the Sun Devils in this one.
- Once again the Sun Devils were doomed by big plays.
- Koron Crump has been one of the few bright spots for the Sun Devils this season.
- Zane Gonzalez actually missed a field goal in this one.
- Let's hope that Arizona State opens up the battle for the QB spot next season.
- Armand Perry's ejection seemed a bit harsh.
- Arizona averaged 10.7 yards per carry in this game.
- Rushing Yards: Arizona 512, Arizona State 120
- Arizona did not even attempt a pass in the second half.
- Arizona was averaging 21.9 points per game in the Pac12 heading into this game.
- It sure did seem like the Sun Devils were throwing lots of screen passes.
- Since when does Arizona employ a huddle while on offense?
- I remember when Arizona State was such a well disciplined team.
- Arizona State ranks 125th out of 128 teams in total defense in the NCAA.
- The Sun Devils may want to cool it on all these different uniforms.
- I wouldn't mind seeing a Charlie Strong or Kevin Sumlin coaching the Sun Devils.
- Miss Arizona is a trooper! She could have probably helped the ASU defense.
- Up next? New Mexico State @ ASU on September 2, 2017 to kick off the 2017 season.
Posted by Dude at 7:15 AM