Having just seen "American Sniper", and enjoying it tremendously, I thought that it was appropriate that I rank my all time favorite War/Military movies. So with no further adieu, here are my Top 10 War/Military Movies:
Friday, February 27, 2015
Thursday, February 26, 2015
- Bill Maher calls for Marijuana legalization.
- 2015 Academy Awards winners list can be found here.
- Don't worry, there's now a cream to get rid of that tattoo.
- Is the "Right to Work" (for Less) really right for Wisconsin? Doubtful.
- So the GOP plan to govern is to play chicken? Really?
- Should Bill O'Reilly be suspended too? Yeah, probably.
- Mayweather vs Pacquiao set to happen May 2, 2015. Finally.
- Thank God that Barack Obama wasn't brought up like Rudy Giuliani.
- Joey Logano wins the 2015 Daytona 500.
- So long "Parks and Recreation", "The Mentalist" & "Two and a Half Men", nice knowing you.
- Walmart finally did something right. It's a good start!
- No, the Koch Brothers are not being altruistic in the giving of money to politicians.
- Are Republicans just sitting around begging for America to fail?
- Winners & losers of the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine here.
- Has Elsa Hosk always been this hot!
- 2015 Razzie Awards winners list can be found here.
- The cost of a decline in unions is startling. They still have a role in society.
- My favorite 40 yard dashes of the past week?
- Mark Dayton has done a heckuva job as Governor of Minnesota.
- I'm starting to sense that Republicans goal is to keep their voters stupid.
- Is anyone else uncomfortable with Jeb Bush's foreign policy team?
- You do realize that Scott Walker's record is really not that impressive don't you?
- Lindsay Graham announces 2016 Presidential run.
- Don't believe everything those climate change deniers tell you.
- Count me as bullish on Maxx Williams pro potential.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Continuing with my look at the best movies of years gone by.
Top 10 Movies of 1981:
Top 10 Movies of 1981:
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Harrison Ford, Karen Allen
- Stripes - Bill Murray, Harold Ramis
- Body Heat - William Hurt, Kathleen Turner
- Escape From New York - Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef
- Arthur - Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli
- Victory - Sylvester Stallone, Michael Caine
- Das Boot - Jurgen Prochnow, Herbert Gronemeyer
- Chariots of Fire - Ben Cross, Ian Charleson
- Reds - Warren Beatty, Diane Keaton
- On Golden Pond - Henry Fonda, Katharine Hepburn
It doesn't get any more fun or edge of your seat than "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc". "Stripes" is one of Bill Murray's best films. "Body Heat" is a true erotic thriller, and that's a very good thing. In my opinion, "Escape From New York" was one of Kurt Russell's best roles. The original "Arthur" was hilarious and Dudley Moore was perfect in that role. "Victory" may be Sylvester Stallone's most under appreciated film. "Das Boot" is another great submarine movie! "Chariots of Fire" won the Oscar for Best Picture for a reason. "Reds" is Beatty & Keaton at their finest. Seeing Henry & Jane Fond together is reason enough to see "On Golden Pond".
Monday, February 23, 2015
Sunday, February 22, 2015
The 2015 Academy Awards are tonight. I love the movies, I can't wait!
Here are my predictions for the major categories:
Will win: Birdman ***
Should win: Boyhood
Will win: Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything ***
Should win: Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything
Will win: Julianne Moore - Still Alice ***
Should win: Julianne Moore - Still Alice
Best Supporting Actor:
Will win: J.K. Simmons - Whiplash ***
Should win: J.K. Simmons - Whiplash
Best Supporting Actress:
Will win: Patricia Arquette - Boyhood ***
Should win: Patricia Arquette - Boyhood
Will win: Alejandro G. Inarritu - Birdman ***
Should win: Richard Linklater - Boyhood
***Edited to add Actual Winners***
5 of 5 on my preditions! Do I know my movies or what?
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Friday, February 20, 2015
- Being single is bad for your financial health.
- Check out Rolling Stone's ranking of all 141 SNL cast members!
- I liked what I saw out of the young Timberwolves at All Star Weekend.
- To nobody's surprise, Republicans are having trouble governing.
- Why has nobody told me about Monika Pietrasinska? Or Alena Blohm? Or Charlie Riina?
- Should the U.S. really be the world's police force?
- Sorry NRA, but open carry is bad for America!
- I love watching Allison Stokke pole vault.
- Washington Post ranked all the U.S. Presidents. History will be kind to Obama.
- RIP Gary Owens & Jerome Kersey.
- Is "The X-Files" returning to television?
- It's really hard to stop a bad guy with a gun license.
- Killing Obamacare would kill Americans.
- Should Brian Williams really be our main concern about corporate media?
- Why would anyone want to ban yoga pants? I absolutely love them!
- Isn't it time that Ruth Bader Ginsberg step down from the SCOTUS?
- 10 Things Guys Won't Tell their Girlfriends.
- Shakeups at MSNBC. Joy Reid is not the problem there.
- Apparently ISIS if full of pedophiles. Sick bastards.
- For the record, Katherine Webb is not too skinny, she's gorgeous!
- Climate change has absolutely contributed to Boston's record snowfall.
- Are you familiar with the risks of too much sitting?
Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Surprise, Arizona is not the place to be single.
- Big shakeup with the Phoenix Suns.
- The Ducey/Douglas fued is becoming very entertaining.
- Arizona Cardinals sign Larry Fitzgerald to a contract extension.
- Poll shows divide between priorities of Arizonans & state leaders.
- Arizona lost the most construction jobs in the country in 2014.
- 10 things you should never do in Phoenix!
- ASU & UA both ranked as Top 100 public colleges.
- Arizona has a chance to lead the nation in battle against dark money.
- New era of baseball kicks off at Arizona State University.
- I love those cloud inversions at the Grand Canyon!
- Are the Diamondbacks eyeing another Cuban player?
- Is a mega-drought in Arizona's future?
- Phoenix area hotels had a spectacular Super Bowl week.
- Arizona legislator wants to outlaw federal gun laws.
- Moderates are gaining ground in Arizona.
- Rare Gray Wolf spotted near the Grand Canyon shot dead.
- Do we really want secret meetings at the Arizona legislature?
- ASU's Young Republicans aren't learning much in college.
- Didn't Arizona already vote against payday loans?
- Why does the Arizona legislature hate public schools?
- 25 things to do in Arizona?
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Like most people, I hated to hear that Jon Stewart is stepping down as host of "The Daily Show", but I guess that all good things must come to an end. The question now becomes, who replaces Jon Stewart? Don't get me wrong here, this is a great gig, it is a big time commitment though, I'm guessing some of the bigger names on this list may not want to make that sort of commitment, I'm going to list them anyways. I'm confident they will find a strong replacement.
Here are my Top 20 possible candidates to replace Jon Stewart:
Here are my Top 20 possible candidates to replace Jon Stewart:
- Amy Poehler - probably the perfect choice if she wants it.
- Chris Rock - smart, edgy, politically savvy, he'd be perfect.
- John Oliver - how long is that HBO contract?
- Tina Fey - like Amy Poehler, she'd be a great pick.
- Brian Williams - not as outlandish as it seems, he's very funny.
- Sarah Silverman - wickedly funny, politically astute, edgy, I'd love it!
- Patton Oswalt - there's a reason I suggest him for every opening.
- Jason Jones - he's great as a correspondent.
- Lewis Black - his Daily Show rants are legendary.
- Joel McHale - he's great on "The Soup" and very funny.
- Craig Ferguson - he needs a job, funny as hell.
- W. Kamau Bell - he was great on "Totally Biased"
- Jessica Williams - she makes me laugh every time she's on.
- Aisha Tyler - sharp, politically active and very funny.
- Samantha Bee - alone or teamed with Jason Jones she has to be considered.
- Chris Hardwick - what can't this guy do?
- Aasif Mandvi - he's been terrific as a correspondent.
- Aziz Ansari - this would be a perfect fit for his comedic talents.
- Amy Shumur - razor sharp, witty, funny, piping hot at the moment.
- Dennis Miller - I don't agree with his politics, but he is funny.
Monday, February 16, 2015
Sunday, February 15, 2015
- Let's get another Super Bowl in the Valley!
- Arizona Cardinals name James Bettcher as Defensive Coordinator.
- State lawmaker interested in growing industrial hemp in Arizona.
- Doug Ducey apparently values prisons over education.
- Scottsdale nightclubs are still doing remarkably well.
- RIP Kayla Mueller.
- Coyotes center Martin Hanzal appears to be done for the season.
- Arizona State football team finishes with a Top 25 recruiting class.
- University of Arizona had a very nice football recruiting class too.
- Who's going to take on John McCain in 2016?
- Could Amare Stoudemire be returning to the Phoenix Suns?
- Do you think that SRP will hear their customers?
- ESPN is not very bullish on the Arizona Diamondbacks chances this season.
- Arizona ranked number 10 nationwide in LEED ratings.
- Could the Arizona Cardinals target Adrian Peterson this offseason?
- Foreclosures are way up in Phoenix and Arizona.
- Is Phoenix Suns guard Goran Dragic on the market? Apparently.
- Who thought that electing Diane Douglas was a good idea again?
- You've got to love Arizona State's 'Curtain of Distraction'.
- Neo-Confederate nullification fever sweeps across Arizona.