It never get's old looking at Candice Swanepoel.
Thursday, November 27, 2014
- President Obama signs Immigration Executive Order.
- Yet another report clears the Obama administration on Benghazi.
- You can make a strong case that John Boehner is the Worst Speaker Ever.
- Things are not looking good for Bill Cosby.
- "Better Call Saul" set for February 8 debut on AMC.
- Adrian Peterson suspended for remainder of season.
- No indictment in Ferguson. Was the fix in?
- Darren Wilson's story has hole's in it. Dorian Johnson's testimony seems more credible.
- Jim Webb forms 2016 Presidential exploratory committee.
- RIP Mike Nichols, Pat Quinn, Victor Tikhonov, Murray Oliver, Phil Hughes & Marion Barry.
- Baseball America released their list of the Twins Top 10 Prospects for 2015.
- What happened to the three day work week?
- No GOP women selected to head any congressional committees.
- If you can handle the cold weather, Minneapolis is a great city!
- Why do we allow global corporations to buy our elections?
- Nathan the Bloodhound wins Best in Show at 2014 National Dog Show.
- It's long past time to put the environment over the economy.
- I like the Twins addition of Eddie Guardado to their coaching staff.
- Why are Republicans suddenly opposed to Executive Orders?
- Have I mentioned how much I enjoy Twin Peaks Restaurants?
- Why don't journalists cover local elections?
- A vote for a Republican, is a vote against the Middle Class.
- You can find the American Music Awards winners list here.
- Is it just me or is that Xerox commercial spokewoman hot!
- Are you familiar with college football's new "$5 Bits of a Broken Chair" Trophy?
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Continuing with my look at the best movies of years gone by.
Top 10 Movies of 1987:
Top 10 Movies of 1987:
- Full Metal Jacket - Matthew Modine, Adam Baldwin
- The Princess Bride - Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin
- Lethal Weapon - Mel Gibson, Danny Glover
- Less Than Zero - Andrew McCarthy, Robert Downey Jr,
- No Way Out - Kevin Costner, Sean Young.
- Good Morning, Vietnam - Robin Williams, Forest Whitaker
- Wall Street - Charlie Sheen, Michael Douglas
- Fatal Attraction - Michael Douglas, Glenn Close
- Raising Arizona - Nicholas Cage, Holly Hunter
- House of Games - Lindsay Crouse, Joe Mantegna
Monday, November 24, 2014
Sunday, November 23, 2014
The Cardinals fell for only the second time this season, 19-3 today against the Seahawks in Seattle. The Cardinals fall to 9-2 on the season. The Cardinals still hold onto the number 1 seed in the NFC though. It was clearly the Cardinals worst performance of the season, they struggled in all facets of the game today. It was bound to happen though, hopefully they can right the ship and get back on track next week. The Cardinals do still control their own destiny. Shake it off Cards!
- Drew Stanton really struggled, that has to be concerning.
- The Cardinals defense was really bringing the heat.
- Calais Campbell had better make the Pro Bowl this season.
- The Cardinals offense hasn't scored a touchdown now in 7 quarters.
- The Cardinals really need to get their rushing game on track.
- It sounded really loud in Seattle, that's a tough environment to play in.
- That dropped touchdown pass from Jaron Brown really hurt.
- The Cardinals don't usually lose when they give up less than 20 points.
- Having 10 players on the field for that Seahawks blocked punt is inexcusable.
- The Seahawks didn't look ready to cede their title.
- Time of Possession: Seahawks 35:27, Cardinals 24:33
- Can it really surprise anyone anymore when the Cardinals block a kick?
- WR John Brown continued to impress for the Cardinals.
- Was that a Kevin Minter sighting? I haven't really noticed him before.
- That may have been Bobby Massie's worst game of the season.
- Josh Mauro is looking like a nice mid-season pick up.
- It was nice to finally see Jonathan Cooper back on the field.
- Can't the Cardinals find a better option at punter than Drew Butler?
- Not having Larry Fitzgerald on the field really hurt the Cardinals offense.
- I was hoping for more out of Michael Floyd with Larry Fitzgerald shelved.
- Russell Wilson is just so good at scrambling and extending plays
- No fourth quarter rally this week out of the Cardinals.
- Seahawks DB Earl Thomas is a heckuva football player.
- Up next? @ Atlanta Falcons next Sunday.
Posted by Dude at 5:33 PM
The Vikings fell to the Packers 24-21 today in Minneapolis. The Vikings fall to 4-7 on the season. The Vikings just couldn't get a big stop when they needed one and their offense continued to slug along. They really need some playmakers on both sides of the ball. At least it was a much more competitive game than that shellacking the Vikings took back in early October. Despite their record, you can see some clear progress being made, it's just going to take awhile to get there.
- Teddy Bridgewater is slowly improving, accuracy is still an issue though.
- Why not try some no huddle offense with Bridgewater? Less thinking, more reacting.
- I thought that the Vikings should have tried an onside kick late in the game.
- Shouldn't Adrian Peterson really be back on the field already?
- It was nice to see Joe Banyard get some playing time.
- Hate to say it, but it's all about developing young guys at this point.
- I wouldn't mind seeing Audie Cole getting some of Jasper Brinkley's snaps.
- Xavier Rhodes continues to improve, he did a nice job on Jordy Nelson.
- Charles Johnson is showing some promise at WR for the Vikings.
- On the bright side, the Vikings defense looks competent again.
- That Bridgewater interception in the 2nd quarter was a killer.
- Eddie Lacey is a load of a running back to bring down.
- No Sharrif Floyd today for the Vikings. He has played well this season.
- How do you let Aaron Rodgers scramble for 18 yards on 3rd and long?
- Hopefully, Phil Loadholt doesn't miss extended time.
- Is there a quarterback playing better than Aaron Rodgers right now?
- I kind of wish the Vikings weren't putting a dome on their new stadium.
- Viking draft needs? OL, WR, RB, DB, CB, LB
- You've got to love the Gjallarhorn. Props to Sgt Thomas Block too.
- Up next? Carolina Panthers next Sunday at TCF Bank Stadium.
Posted by Dude at 2:58 PM
Saturday, November 22, 2014
The Sun Devils knocked off Washington State 52-31 today at Sun Devil Stadium. Arizona State improves to 9-2 on the season. They are still in the running for the PAC12 South Championship, they will need a bit of help though. Arizona State started out real slow in this one but once they started rolling they looked unstoppable. It helped that Washington State kept shooting themselves in the foot too. The Territorial Cup on Friday looms large for both ASU and the UA!
- After trailing 21-7, ASU outscored WSU 45-10.
- That slow start from the Sun Devils offense had me worried.
- What can't D.J. Foster do? Great talent!
- Taylor Kelly looks to be back in form.
- Arizona State has been deadly in the red zone this season.
- Mike Leach really likes to throw the football.
- Arizona State does a real nice job of turning turnovers into points.
- Total Yards: Washington State 622, Arizona State 330
- Rushing Yards: Arizona State 98, Washington State 21
- Passing Yards: Washington State 601, Arizona State 232
- Turnovers: Washington State 5, Arizona State 0
- Not having Jaelen Strong playing didn't help ASU today.
- Cameron Smith really stepped up his game today.
- Did the early start time effect the Sun Devils??
- Arizona State needs to keep Jordan Simone healthy and on the field.
- Marcus Hardison was in beast mode today.
- Zane Gonzales just continues to roll.
- Matt Haack is quietly having a nice season as punter for Arizona State.
- Luke Falk is really flying under the radar. Nice player.
- Screw you PAC12 Network! Get a deal already!
- Up next? @ Arizona this coming Friday!
Posted by Dude at 4:46 PM
The Gophers went into Lincoln today and knocked off Nebraska 28-24. The Gophers improve to 8-3 on the season. I cannot recall a bigger win for this program in recent memory. They were trailing 21-7 at the half, on the road, against a quality opponent, with their best player on the bench and they never quit, remarkable. The Gophers are now just one upset win away from the Big Ten Championship game! Now get that Axe! Go Gophers!
- These slow starts by the Gophers are maddening.
- The game plan was obviously to run Mitch Leidner today.
- David Cobb is a really good running back.
- Hopefully, David Cobb's injury is not serious.
- Props to Jerry Kill on that 4th down touchdown call.
- Briean Boddy-Calhoun makes yet another big play!
- Steven Richardson Jr was clearly held on that long pass to Kenny Bell.
- Mitch Leidner is really good on those short yardage keepers.
- The Gophers third down defense still needs a lot of work.
- Second Half Score: Minnesota 21, Nebraska 3
- This is the type of game I would have liked to have seen some Chris Streveler.
- That return of the blocked field goal for a touchdown by Nebraska hurt.
- Athletic quarterbacks really give the Gophers problems.
- I really like the Gophers running back depth.
- It was not Cameron Botticelli's best game as a Gopher.
- The Gophers offensive line did a nice job today.
- Miles Thomas continues to impress at fullback.
- The officiating did the Gophers no favors today. Just saying.
- The Gophers were giving Nebraska way too much time to throw the ball.
- Healthwise, Nebraska took a beating in this game.
- Up next? @ Wisconsin next Saturday.
Posted by Dude at 12:54 PM
Friday, November 21, 2014
Thursday, November 20, 2014
My thoughts on the next 2 years for President Obama & the Democratic Party?
- Elections do have consequences, just like the 2 elections that elected Barack Obama as President, the people put him in power and he needs to exercise his power, whether that's through more executive actions, or through his veto power.
- I was not a fan of the filibuster when the Republicans used it and I would not be a fan of the filibuster if used by the Democrats. The Democrats needs to show America how congress is suppose to act and it's not by being a sore loser and blocking and obstructing anything and everything. If you don't like a bill, just vote 'nay' on it and hope the President uses his veto power. If the bill has broad bipartisan support and a veto can be overridden it's probably not a bad thing, let it pass and move on.
- Do not cave in on your principles to appease the Republicans, it's a mistake, it was a mistake for Bill Clinton, it would be a mistake for Barack Obama. Things like immigration reform and the Keystone Pipeline come to mind.
- Hillary Clinton needs a Democratic opponent to run against her in the 2016 primary to keep her from moving too far to the middle. The more populist that opponent the better. In my opinion making inequality the driving force for 2016 is the way to go.
- Do not let the hawks on the right goad you into a bigger commitment in the Middle East. The ISIS problem needs to be dealt with by the Arab nations, not the U.S. otherwise it will be seen by many in the region as an illegitimate occupation and we will be right back where we started. It's also long past time that region clean up their own radical Islamic problem anyways. Go ahead and offer aid and air support, but no ground troops please!
- Don't worry about polls, most people don't vote anyways, just stick with your principles. It's not like President Obama is running for re-election.
- Do not pass the Trans Pacific Partnership! Have we learned nothing from NAFTA? It's nothing but a gift to the 1% and a race to the bottom, that's the exact wrong direction for us to be moving.
Posted by Dude at 5:16 AM
- Metro Phoenix awarded 2017 NCAA Final Four.
- John McCain is reportedly leaning towards a 2016 re-election bid.
- Diamondbacks deal two prospects for starting pitcher Jeremy Hellickson.
- Arizona State set to take their hockey program to NCAA Division 1.
- Will Carson Palmer retire after his latest ACL injury?
- Cardinals rookie WR John Brown makes the cover of Sports Illustrated.
- Did you read the Rolling Stone feature on Todd Graham?
- Should Arizona move statewide elections to Presidential years?
- 10 Ways Phoenicians Know It's Fall?
- Is Arizona State University "Dumb and Dumber Too"?
- Is Martha McSally perhaps jumping the gun a tad?
- Cardinals extend Defensive Coordinator Todd Bowles for 3 more years.
- Don't ever let anyone tell you that your vote doesn't count.
- Are you familiar with Arizona's rich baseball tradition?
- How the heck did Diane Douglass get elected as Superintendent of Public Instruction?
- Salt River Rafters win the 2014 Arizona Fall League title.
- Is it time for Arizona to move to an all Vote By Mail system?
- Arizona's unauthorized immigrant numbers are falling.
- Baseball America released their list of the Top 10 Arizona Fall League Prospects.
- Does Scottsdale rival Las Vegas for a weekend getaway?
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
- Weed was more popular than many candidates this past election.
- Do we really need more evidence that the fossil fuel industry owns the GOP?
- Mike Trout & Clayton Kershaw win AL & NL MVP Awards.
- I've often wondered which states produce the most NBA Players?
- Can we just give Melvin Gordon the Heisman Trophy right now?
- New study finds that more guns equal more crime. Isn't that be common sense?
- Earth has warmest October on record. It doesn't take a scientist to see that.
- RIP Diem Brown & Glen A Larson.
- Do Republicans oppose Net Neutrality simply because Democrats favor it?
- Clayton Kershaw & Corey Kluber win 2014 NL & AL Cy Young Awards.
- This past midterm election had the lowest voter turnout in 72 years.
- There are plenty of ways to address Income Inequality if we really wanted to.
- The NFL's race to Los Angeles is heating up.
- "Blackfish" has not been good to SeaWorld's bottom line.
- Jose Abreu & Jacob deGrom win 2014 AL & NL Rookie of the Year Awards.
- I did not realize that Club Paradise in Las Vegas was closed.
- 2014: The Year of No Ideas by the least productive congress ever.
- The Minnesota Twins unveil new uniforms for 2015.
- How confident are you in those electronic voting machines?
- Matt Williams & Buck Showalter named NL & AL Managers of the Year.
- Have you seen Kim Kardashian's moneymaker all oiled up and ready for action?
- Did the murder of 43 students push Mexico past the tipping point?
- Rosetta Spacecraft Philae lands on comet.
- I cannot imagine that Doritos flavored Mountain Dew gets a green light.
- Don't overdue it on the weed kids, there may be some long term implications.
- Kevin Harvick wins his first NASCAR Championship.