Friday, October 26, 2012

TPSG AZ General Election Endorsements

Scottsdale City Council
I endorsed Suzanne Klapp, Virginia Korte & Eric Luoma in the primary back in August, I see no reason to change my endorsement at this point, I gladly endorse them once again this fall over Guy Phillips, Joanne "Cooper" Phillips & Chris Schaffner.  I just feel the three of them offer us the best opportunity to move us forward. 

State Senate (District 24)
The Arizona legislature is in desperate need of some balance, the horrid Republican regime that we've been living under has made us into a national laughingstock.  Voting in Katie Hobbs is as good a place to start, she's a solid Democrat with legislative experience, she gets my endorsement over Augustine Bartning.

State Representative (District 24)
I also endorsed Chad Campbell & Lela Alston back in the August primary election and I see no reason to change my endorsement at this point, I gladly endorse them once again, this time over Republicans Brian Kaufman & Gerard Davis. 

Maricopa County Sheriff
Joe Arpaio must go, he's done enough damage already, it's time for some new blood in the Sheriff's office.  I strongly endorse Paul Penzone over Joe Arpaio and sham candidate Mike StaufferPenzone is close in the polls, now is the time, give him a vote. 

Board of Supervisors
Again, we have too many Republicans running this state (and county), we need more Democrats in office, that includes the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.  I stongly urge a vote for David Ortega over Steve Chucri in District 2. 

Scottsdale Unif No 48  = YES
The Scottsdale School district has had their budgets slashed the last 3 years, they desperately need an influx of money.  The way I see it, it's a small price to pay to keep teachers employed, to keep all day kindergarten and to improve facilities.  I strongly support this override. 

Propositions:
   114 = YES, probably not needed but I also don't see the downside to a YES vote.
   115 = NO, I don't want a politicized judiciary, I strongly urge a NO vote. 
   116 = YES, there seems to be almost universal approval for this proposition, I concur.
   117 = NO, there's the possibility for too many unintended consequences, I urge a NO vote. 
   118 = YES, stability, reliability, good for schools, works for me, I urge a YES vote.
   119 = YES, it will protect military bases & prevent giveaways to special interests, I urge a YES vote.
   120 = NO, there seems to be almost universal disapproval for this proposition, I concur.
   121 = YES, the Open Elections amendment, our system is broken, let's try to fix it, I support it. 
   204 = NO, I supported the temporary sales tax increase but I don't want a permanent increase.

President:   Barack Obama
U.S. Senate:   Richard Carmona
U.S. House (CD8):   Kyrsten Simena



No comments:

Post a Comment