Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TPSG Endorses Barack Obama

I received my early ballot in the mail this past weekend for Novembers general election.  I think it's time I announce my much anticipated, eagerly awaited for Presidential endorsement.

I think it's important to remember where we were when Barack Obama first became President, four years ago, after eight years of Republican control, we were on the precipice of a depression, we were hemorrhaging jobs, home prices were dropping like a rock, credit was freezing up, GDP growth was anemic, we were in the middle of 2 unpaid for wars, things were just flat out ugly.  Since then, Barack Obama has slowly but steadily brought stability to the economy and the country.  We've had 31 straight months of job growth, unemployment is now at a  4 year low, the stock market is at near all time highs, the auto industry is thriving, home prices are finally on the rise, Osama Bin Laden is dead, we are out of Iraq, we are soon to be out of Afghanistan, things are without a doubt improving, if you can't see any of this improvement you are just not looking, now is not the time to change course (back to essentially the same policies that got us into the mess we've been digging out of over these last four years).

I'm also not a big fan of Mitt Romney, he was a bully as a kid, I don't like the way he made his fortune, he won't come clean about his taxes, his positions are very thin on details and they change with the wind, lying also seems to come real easy to him.  I flat out don't trust the man, he doesn't seem to have a core, he'll say anything to anyone to get a vote.  On top of that, I do not want to see us doubling down on more failed supply side economics, I do not want a President who doesn't care about 47% of the country, I do not want us to take a step back on women's issues, LGBT issues, immigration issues, environmental issues, healthcare issues and many more.  I also fear that his neocon ties would land us right back into another war in no time at all.  

Needless to say, I'm endorsing Barack Obama for another term as President of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment