Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cards Name Skelton Starting QB

The Arizona Cardinals on Friday announced that John Skelton had won the starting QB job over Kevin Kolb (for now anyways).  I'm not sure that I agree with that decision but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either as I don't think there was that wide of a gap between the two (neither of them actually impressed me much this pre-season).  It seems to me that with all that they invested in Kevin Kolb they'd want to give him a legitimate shot in the regular season (with full offseason under his belt before declaring his acquisition to be a failure).  I guess Coach Whisenhunt didn't feel the same.  I can see the argument for Skelton, they finished last season 5-2 with him as the starter, the team probably built up some confidence in him in that run.  He's also more durable, Kolb always seemed banged up.  With their weak OL I'm guessing they also felt that Skelton played better under pressure, Kolb always looks so jittery back there, he had the dreaded happy feet working.  I guess I'll put my trust in coach Whiz, he see's them everyday, he knows much more about football than I ever will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment