Friday, August 24, 2012

Cardinals QB Battle

Kevin Kolb vs John Skelton.  It's looking like a really ugly battle, neither QB has impressed me in the least.  I was hoping, and I'm sure the Cardinals were hoping, that their QB's would be much further along with a full off season and a full training camp to work with but after 4 exhibition games neither has stood out, they almost look like they've regressed from last year (if that's even possible).  There's too much talent on the Cardinals offense for them to be playing this bad (Larry Fitzgerald, Beanie Wells, Ryan Williams, Todd Heap, Michael Floyd, Rob Housler, et al).  The local media seems to think that the Cardinals have to go with John Skelton at this point.  What they are basing that opinion on is beyond me, as again, neither Skelton or Kolb has looked good.  My two cents?  If it was my call, given that neither has emerged as the clear front runner, and given the investment they've made in Kolb, I think they have to give him a legitimate shot in games that actually count, I'd go with him (but with a short leash).

No comments:

Post a Comment