Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fire Ron Gardenhire?

The Minnesota Twins are on the verge of having the worst record in the American League for the second straight year.  This got me to wondering, should someone pay the price for that?  Specifically the person who has the most direct impact on how the team performs on the field, manager Ron Gardenhire?   It doesn't sound like his job is in jeopardy but should it be?  How long can they go on blaming Bill Smith for all of their problems?  I don't doubt that Gardenhire's a good manager, he's been successful overall with the Twins, he was just named Manager of the Year in 2010 (and he's finished runner up 5 times), if he was let go he'd have no trouble finding another managers job.  I guess the question I have with him is not whether or not he can still manage, it's whether or not the team is still responding to his managerial style, have they started to tune him out?  Maybe some fresh blood in there could revitalize them.  Maybe a fresh approach is needed.   I know there's a "Twins Way" of doing things, but it hasn't been too successful as of late, maybe it's time to re-think the "Twins Way" of doing things.  I'm really not advocating that they fire him, I don't know that anyone else could have done much better with the squads they've been running out there lately, but if they did make a move, I could certainly understand the thought process

No comments:

Post a Comment