Thursday, October 22, 2015

USC Coaching Candidates

Just spitballing here:
  1. Chip Kelly
  2. Jon Gruden
  3. Mark Dantonio
  4. Kyle Whittingham
  5. Bronco Mendenhall
  6. Bob Stoopes
  7. Kevin Sumlin
  8. Jeff Fisher
  9. Tom Herman
  10. Justin Fuente
I'm guessing that Chip Kelly would have to be fired from the Eagles for him to take the position, I doubt that happens.  John Gruden would be Pete Carroll 2, I think he'd be a great pick for Southern California and I'm guessing it's one of the very few landing spots that would be really attractive to him.  Mark Dantonio has established himself as a terrific coach, USC is a terrific opportunity, it seems like it would be a great match to me.  Whittingham & Mendenhall are established coaches with lots of west coast ties, either one would make sense to me.  Bob Stoopes has long been one of the premier coaches in college football, it may be time for a change of scenery though and USC would be foolish to not at least look into it.  Kevin Sumlin is one of the top young coaches in college football, I can understand some interest in him from USC, I doubt he leaves though, he's got a pretty good gig as it is.  Jeff Fisher is a USC alumnus, it's probably one of the few landing spots he'd considering if he were to leave the NFL.  If they want a young up and coming coach with their best years still ahead of them, I don't think they could find 2 better candidates than Tom Herman and Justin Fuentes, if I'm Pat Haden, those would be the 2 I reach out to first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment