Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hitman: Agent 47

Hitman: Agent 47 - starring Rupert Friend, Zachary Quinto & Hannah Ware.  I'd describe this movie as Jason Bourne meets Terminator.  I really wanted to like it, there is plenty of action and plot twists, but in the end, it really wasn't anything new and original.  Perhaps a sequel of the original, as opposed to a reboot, would have helped as I really liked the original.  It was good to see Rupert Friend get top billing in a major studio release though, I've liked him in the past and I think he fits the action hero role quite well.  Hannah Ware is easy on the eyes too, still she's no Olga Kurylenko.  I wasn't really buying Zachary Quinto in the "terminator" role either, perhaps I just can't get past his Spock role.  Overall, if you're a fan of the video game, or you like lots of random killing, I guess you may like it, it's been done better though.

I will give it 2 out of 5 stars (*****).


TPSG Movie Rating System:

5 stars (*****) = Tremendous film, see it pronto! 
4 stars (*****) = Good movie, worthy of a trip to the movie theater. 
3 stars (*****) = Not bad, worthy of a Netflix watch, save yourself a trip to the theater though.
2 stars (*****) = The effort was there but it doesn't click, don't waste your time.
1 star  (*****) = Avoid at all costs, this one is a real stinker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment