Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bret Bielema to Arkansas

I must admit, I was a bit surprised by this move, I honestly didn't see it coming.  I've never been much of a Bielema fan (or Badger fan for that matter) so it doesn't really bother me much, it'll be interesting to follow the search for a replacement though.   I'd think the Paul Chryst would be the perfect replacement but he doesn't sound too interested, I'd hate to see that happen to Pittsburgh fans too.  Dave Doeren probably would have been a top candidate too, he's off to North Carolina State though.  I'm not sure who that leaves, I can't imagine they move to a spread offense coach, that wouldn't make sense.  Personally, I think they should be talking to Kirby Smart.  His lack of head coaching experience may hurt his chances though.  Al Golden would be a good choice if they can lure him away from Miami.  Willie Taggart is another interesting possibility, his experience working with Jim Harbaugh at Stanford would make him a nice pick for the Badgers.  I've also heard Darrell Bevel's name thrown around, that would not be a good pick in my opinion, he's got no head coaching experience and very little college experience.  In the end, if they get any of the guys above (minus Bevell), I think this may end up being a good thing for Wisconsin, they may actually be better off in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment