Friday, November 14, 2014

Gone Girl

Gone Girl - starring Ben Affleck & Rosamund Pike.  I saw this one a month or so ago, I really enjoyed it.  It's based upon the best selling novel of the same name by Gillian Flynn.  It stars Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne.  Nick returns to his home one day to find his wife missing and what appears to be a crime-scene.  He immediately calls the police and a search and investigation ensue.  Soon evidence seems to start piling up pointing towards Nick and foul play.  This is where the twists and turns and mind fucks begin.  I won't ruin it by detailing the ending but if you want a spoiler you can find it here.  It's all quite enthralling and kept me entertained until the very end.  Rosamund Pike is fabulous as Nick's estranged wife Amy Dunne.  Carrie Coon excels as Nick's twin sister Margo Dunne.  Tyler Perry & Emily Ratajkowski were fantastic in supporting roles.  David Fincher also does a great job of tying it all together, he's a great director.  Having Trent Reznor scoring it was also a wise idea.  Overall, although a bit of an indictment of marriage, I highly recommend, I was really entertained.

I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars (*****).

No comments:

Post a Comment