Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Top 10 Summer TV Shows 2016

Sadly, summer is nearing it's official end, and given that, I think that it's time that I rate the summer TV season.  Overall, I was pretty happy, I was plenty entertained for most of the summer.  Anyways, here goes, my Top 10 Television shows for the summer of 2016:  
  1. Summer Olympics (NBC) 
  2. O.J. Made in America (ESPN) 
  3. Brain Dead (CBS) 
  4. American Gothic (CBS) 
  5. Zoo (CBS) 
  6. Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll (FX) 
  7. Tyrant (FX) 
  8. Mr. Robot (USA)
  9. Aquarius (NBC) 
  10. Animal Kingdom (TNT) 
I love the Summer Olympics, I could have watched that all summer long.  "O.J. Made in America" is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen.  "Brain Dead" was a lot of fun.  "American Gothic" provided some nice summer suspense.  "Zoo" continued where they left off last season.  Denis Leary is great in "Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll".  It was interesting to watch them flip the script on "Tyrant".  "Mr. Robot" slipped a bit from last summer but was/is still worth a watch.  I thought that "Aquarius" was much better this summer than last summer.  I really enjoyed "Animal Kingdom", it was kind of a cross between "Point Break" and "Alpha Dog".   For the record, I didn't watch "The Night Of" but I have heard rave reviews on it and I will watch the first chance I get.

Previous Summers: 201520142013

No comments:

Post a Comment