Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Top 10 Summer TV Shows 2014

I've once again been pleasantly surprised by the quality of television this summer, hopefully it's a good sign as we move towards the fall.  Kudos to FX too, I love all of original programming they produced this summer.  Anyways, here are my Top 10 Television Shows/Series for the summer of 2014:
  1. The Bridge (FX) 
  2. Under The Dome (CBS) 
  3. America's Got Talent (NBC) 
  4. Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (HBO)
  5. Tyrant  (FX)
  6. Married  (FX) 
  7. Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) 
  8. Last Comic Standing (NBC) 
  9. Gang Related  (FOX) 
  10. The Leftovers (HBO) 
I can't say enough good things about "The Bridge", their second season has been just as strong as their first.  "Under The Dome" slipped a little, but it has still kept me entertained.  "America's Got Talent" is always amusing, it's fun summer programming.  "Last Week Tonight With John Oliver" does a nice job of utilizing John Oliver's talents.  "Tyrant" is a very timely look at the troubled mid-east region.  "Married" is crude and rude, and very funny.  "Halt and Catch Fire" took me back to the days of early personal computers, it's amazing how far we've come.  "Last Comic Standing" is a great show for up and coming comics.  I had low expectations for "Gang Related" but I was pleasantly surprised by it, it got much better as the season progressed.  Conversely, my hopes for "The Leftovers" was sky high, they didn't quite reach those heights, but it's still worth a watch.  I didn't include "Orange is the New Black", their second season was released on Netflix in early June, it would be number one on this list if I had, it's hard for me to include Netflix on a list like this though as it's a one or two day binge for most people. 

Summer 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment