Wednesday, March 9, 2016

TPSG Endorses Bernie Sanders

Arizona's Presidential Primary is on March 22.  Since Arizona allows for early voting, I received my early ballot in the mail last week.  As a registered Democrat, my choices are Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.  I have been going back and forth on which to vote for, I like some things about each of them and have some concerns about each of them.  In the end though, for various reasons, I went with my gut and voted for Bernie Sanders.  I've been a fan of Bernie Sanders for quite some time (just read through my blog) and in the end I just feel that his stance on the issues most align with mine.  It's time for some bold ideas and Bernie is not afraid to take on the establishment.

Robert Reich says it better than me:

“I endorse Bernie Sanders for president of the United States. He's leading a movement to reclaim America for the many, not the few,” 

“This extraordinary concentration of income, wealth, and political power at the very top imperils all else – our economy, our democracy, the revival of the American middle class, the prospects for the poor and for people of color, the necessity of slowing and reversing climate change, and a sensible foreign policy not influenced by the “military-industrial complex,” as President Dwight Eisenhower once called it,” 

“It is the fundamental prerequisite: We have little hope of achieving positive change on any front unless the American people are once again in control,"

“I have the deepest respect and admiration for Hillary Clinton, and if she wins the Democratic primary I’ll work my heart out to help her become president. But I believe Bernie Sanders is the agent of change this nation so desperately needs.”

“The establishment doesn’t get that most Americans couldn’t care less about economic growth because for years they’ve got few of its benefits, while suffering most of its burdens in the forms of lost jobs and lower wages."

With all this being said, I would also be very happy to vote for Hillary Clinton in November if she wins the Democratic nomination, she is perhaps the most qualified candidate for President ever.  Either of them would be much better than anyone the Republican Party nominates.   


No comments:

Post a Comment