Sunday, March 20, 2016

Arizona Republic Presidential Endorsements

Being that I live in Phoenix and the 2016 Arizona Presidential Primary is Tuesday, I thought I'd share. 

On the Democratic side, The Arizona Republic has endorsed Hillary Clinton


Here are a few comments: 


"Hillary has the most experience--and best judgement--of any candidate running for President."


"She has an unrivaled command of he issues--domestic and international."


"She's never backed down from a tough fight."


"She has the mettle to be President.  The sound judgement to be commander in chief."



On the Republican side, The Arizona Republic has endorsed John Kasich.  


Here are a few comments: 


"When the two leading Republican Presidential candidates don't meet basic qualifications for office, what do you do?  Look to John Kasich, the inexplicably overlooked alternative."


"He has experience as governor of Ohio, where he enjoys high popularity ratings for an economy that fared better than most during the Great Recession and aftermath."


"John Kasich is the very picture of the serious man, with the demeanor and temperament to be trusted as commander in chief.  He respects institutions and comports himself in a way that builds respect for institutions."  


Personally, I have thrown my support behind Bernie Sanders on the Democratic side as his stand on the issues and his vision for the future most closely resemble my own.  I would have no trouble voting for Hillary Clinton in November though if she is to win the nomination, I think she'd make a great President.  On the Republican side, I have to agree with the Arizona Republic, John Kasich is the only remaining Republican candidate who I could stomach as POTUS, there is a very low bar though and I still think he'd take us in the wrong direction.    

No comments:

Post a Comment