Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Batman vs Superman

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice - starring Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill.  I saw this movie over the weekend.  I went in with low expectations, and while I did miss Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan, I did actually enjoy it and I would recommend it.  The plot was a bit convoluted, it basically boiled down to Batman vs Superman vs Lex Luther vs some sort of CGI monstrosity, it's probably best not to overthink it too much though lest it ruin the film for you.  I did really like that the movie gave plenty of backstory from the view point of both Batman and Superman (along with Lois Lane, Alfred and all the usual).  Other positives, there was plenty of action, the fight scene between Batman and Superman was fantastic, the acting was for the most part pretty good and I was surprised by the ending, I didn't see it coming.  On the downside, it was a bit on the long side (2 hours, 33 minutes), I wasn't a fan of Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luther and the CGI did get to be a bit much at the end.  Not terrific, not horrible, certainly worth a watch though.  They of course set up the upcoming Wonder Woman and Justice League films too, if that floats your boat any.

I will give it 3 out of 5 stars (*****).


TPSG Movie Rating System:

5 stars (*****) = Tremendous film, see it pronto! 
4 stars (*****) = Good movie, worthy of a trip to the movie theater. 
3 stars (*****) = Not bad, worthy of a Netflix watch, save yourself a trip to the theater though.
2 stars (*****) = The effort was there but it doesn't click, don't waste your time.
1 star  (*****) = Avoid at all costs, this one is a real stinker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment