Friday, May 15, 2015

Best TV Shows of the 2014-15 Season

The 2014-15 television pretty much comes to end this week so I thought it appropriate that I rank my Top 10 Television shows for the 2014-15 Television season.  So without further adieu, here goes:
  1. The Walking Dead - AMC
  2. The Americans - FX
  3. Man Seeking Woman - FXX
  4. Better Call Saul - AMC
  5. Louie - FX
  6. American Crime - ABC
  7. Grimm - NBC
  8. Modern Family - ABC
  9. Gotham - FOX
  10. Brooklyn Nine-Nine - FOX
I did not include any of the pay TV channels, otherwise "Game of Thrones", "House of Cards", "Orange is the New Black" and who knows what else would have made the list.

"The Walking Dead" and "The Americans" are the clear top of the class.  "Man Seeking Woman" was the funniest show of the year, I loved that they were willing to take so many chances.

I think this is a pretty solid Top 10 list.  The next 3 after this top 10 would be "Vikings", "Secrets and Lies" and "Black-ish".   It was a good season for television.

It was also a good year for new shows, look at the Top 10 list above, 4 of the 10 are new shows.  Keep it up networks!

As for the cancelled shows that I will miss?  "CSI:  Crime Scene Investigation" is probably the most notable, but truth be told, it was running out of steam, it was a nice run though.  I wish "Battle Creek" had been given more time also, it showed a lot of promise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment