Saturday, May 2, 2015

Arizona Cardinals Draft - Day 3

The Arizona Cardinals selected Delaware State DE/DT Rodney Gunter in round 4 (number 116 overall) of today's NFL Draft.  Interesting pick, I honestly don't know much about him, I suspect he's just DL depth.  The fact that the Cardinals gave up 3 picks to move up and pick him does indicate that they are pretty high on him (does that seem like a lot to give up for a 4th round pick though?).



In the 5th round (number 158 overall), the Cardinals selected West Virginia DE Shaquille Riddick.  He's a real long/lean DE/OLB.  It seems obvious that the Cards are looking to add depth along their DL.  Tons of potential on this kid, decent value in the 5th round.



Also in the 5th round (number 159 overall), the Cardinals selected UAB WR J.J. Nelson.  If I'm not mistaken, Nelson may be the last ever UAB football player selected in the NFL Draft.  He's not a big guy but he's got speed to kill and kick/punt return ability.  The lack of size scares me some but I doubt he get's overused, I see him primarily as a return guy.  I approve, I really like this pick!  John Brown II?  Great fit for the Cardinals.



In the 7th round (number 256 overall), the Cardinals made Louisville TE Gerald Christian this years Mr. Irrelevant.  I like him, I think he has a chance to stick with the Cardinals, especially with Rob Housler moving on to Cleveland.  He's not much of a blocker but he catches that ball nicely.  Good luck Gerald!



No comments:

Post a Comment