Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pain & Gain

"Pain & Gain" - starring Mark Wahlberg, Anthony Mackie & Dwayne Johnson.  I'm not quite sure how to categorize this one, maybe a satire, or a dark comedy or maybe an action comedy, whatever you call it though, it was entertaining.  It's based upon the true story of three bumbling Miami muscle heads who embark upon a kidnapping, torture and killing scheme in order to acquire their fortune.  Their bumbling is quite amusing.  I doubt that this one wins any awards though, Michael Bay's direction really is all over the place.  The acting was good though, Walberg, Mackie and Johnson all did nice jobs and the supporting cast of  Ed Harris, Rebel Wilson, Tony Shaloub and especially Bar Paly was top notch.  I mention Paly because she had me mesmerized in her few scenes, what a beauty.  I recommend it.

I will give it 4 out of 5 stars (*****).  

No comments:

Post a Comment