Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shaq Retires

Shaquille O'Neal announced his retirement on his Twitter the other day.   I've always been a big Shaq fan, I for one hate to see him go, I'm guessing it was time though.   I'm also guessing we'll see plenty of him going forward, I can envision him and Charles Barkley jousting on TNT, that would be some great entertainment.  Since Shaq is retiring I thought that it would be a good time to speculate on his place in basketball history, so here's my list of the Top 10 Centers in NBA history:
  1. Wilt Chamberlin
  2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
  3. Shaquille O'Neal
  4. Bill Russell
  5. Hakeem Olajuwon
  6. Moses Malone 
  7. David Robinson
  8. Patrick Ewing
  9. Dwight Howard
  10. George Mikan
Honorable Mention:   Alonzo Mourning, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Wes Unseld, Dikembe Mutombo

No comments:

Post a Comment