Saturday, November 12, 2016

Election Thoughts

It's taken me a few days to process Donald Trump's election as President of the United States.  I'm still shocked and saddened that so many American people were able to overlook all of Donald Trump's shortcomings, and believe me, there are lots of shortcomings, and voted for him to be President of the United States. I thought that we as a country were better than this. To make matters even worse, we are also giving him a Republican majority in both the Senate and the House of Representatives to work with.  I now fear for all those millions of people who will lose their healthcare, I fear that a right wing leaning Supreme Court will overturn Roe vs Wade, I fear that we take no action to stem the advances of global warming, I fear that Trumps trickle down economics will widen income inequality even more than it is today, I fear that his temperament will get us into another military quagmire, I fear that racial/religious tensions will implode on us, I fear that Russia will play him like a fiddle and we will see the expansion of Russia over eastern Europe, I fear the loss of millions of jobs, I fear another financial collapse, I just flat out fear for the future of America.  My only hope is that he was pandering for votes and turns about to be much more pragmatic once he takes office, but I'm not betting on that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment