Sunday, January 2, 2011

49ers 38, Cardinals 7

The Cards just did not show up yet again today in their 38-7 loss to the 49ers, that happened way too much this year.  I think that the so-called wunderkind Ken Whisenhunt has lost some of the luster he went into the season with, he made lots of mistakes this year, I'm even starting to wonder if he lucked into Kurt Warner too.  Other observations?  1) I was impressed by John Skelton as QB, he's got a lot of the intangibles that you look for in a QB, I'm not quite sure that he's ready to be a full time starting QB in the NFL yet though, I would much prefer they bring in some legitimate competition for him next year (and I'm talking a Donovan McNabb, Sean Hill, Matt Hasselback type QB, not a Derek Anderson type QB).  2) The coaching staff really needs an upgrade or 2, Bill Davis as a Defensive Coordinator makes a good linebacker coach if you know what I mean and Matt Millen as Co-Offensive Coordinator makes a good OL coach.  They need real Offensive & Defensive Coordinators desperately in my opinion, Whisenhunt is trying to do too much on his own.  3) Some of the young guys did step up and show promise, included in that group would be Darryl Washington, Andre Roberts & Dan Williams, they now need to add to that nucleus.  4) Speaking of adding to that nucleus, they will be drafting at either the 5 or 6 spot, that should allow them to pick up an impact player for next year.  5) Thank God it's over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment