Monday, November 22, 2010

Vikings fire Brad Childress

After yesterdays dismal performance it came as no shock to me that Vikings fired head coach Brad Childress today.  They have underperformed all year, he had obviously lost the team.  Leslie Frazier takes over on an interim basis.  I was never a fan of Childress, IMO this isn't the first year they have underperformed, when he first took over the team they had won 10 games the previous year and he coached them to 6 wins.  I'd credit last years run to Brett Favre's great year more so than with Childress's coaching.  He's also made some really boneheaded moves (cutting Marcus Robinson on Christmas Eve, fining Troy Williamson for taking too long of a bereavement break, cutting Randy Moss without consulting anybody to name just a few), and don't get me started on his boring/predictable "kick ass" offense.  Hitching his wagon to Brett Favre in retrospect wasn't the greatest idea either (at least this year).  So I say good riddance.  I'm not sold on Leslie Frazier as a full time replacement either, the Vikings defense has also underperformed this year.  I guess he deserves a shot though, although if he doesn't get them playing better I'd like to see them go outside the organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment