Monday, July 12, 2010

Suns obtain Turkoglu & Childress

The Phoenix Suns have obtained Hedu Turkoglu from the Raptors and Josh Childress from the Hawks.  I have mixed thoughts on these deals, on one side they have improved since before the trades, on the other side I really don't see them as a better team than they were last season (when they had Amare Stoudemire).  I really wish they had a General Manager in place to be making these decisions, I do not trust Robert Sarver at all to be making basketball decisions.  Turkoglu, while a good player, will be miscast as a PF in the Suns lineup, he may be 6'10" but he is more of a wing player, good passer, good outside shot, but most definitely not a power player, not a rebounder, not a low post scorer.  Childress, at 6'8" seems to fit in best at SF, he's a good player too, yet the Suns already have Grant Hill and Jared Dudley at the SF position so this move is a little questionable to me.  Hopefully, he can play some OG.  The point that I'm getting at is that you can't just throw a collection of good players together and not think about how they will mesh together.  Where do they think they will be getting rebounds from?  Or low post scoring?  Who's going to defend athletic power forwards?   I hope it works but I'm doubtful.  They really need to get a GM in place soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment