Monday, August 8, 2016

The Infiltrator

The Infiltrator - starring Bryan Cranston & Diane Kruger.  I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago.  I was intrigued about seeing Byran Cranston star in a "Breaking Bad" style drug kingpin movie (only with his being on the other side of the law).  While it had some "Breaking Bad" elements, I was a little disappointed.  Cranston was not the problem, he's a great actor and he did a nice job in this one.  My disappointment comes in the ending, they did a real nice job throughout the movie of racheting up the suspense and intrigue but then (***spoiler alert***) ended it in a rather mundane mass arrest of criminals at a wedding.  Talk about let down.  Being based upon a true story, I guess they did need to keep it somewhat historically accurate though.  Still it's not a bad movie, I still recommend a watch, just maybe wait for PPV/Netflix.  I think the supporting cast was top notch too, John Leguizamo was excellent (he just may be one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood), Diane Kruger and Benjamin Bratt also did nice jobs.

I will give it 3 out of 5 stars (*****).

TPSG Movie Rating System:

5 stars (*****) = Tremendous film, see it pronto! 
4 stars (*****) = Good movie, worthy of a trip to the movie theater. 
3 stars (*****) = Not bad, worthy of a Netflix watch, save yourself a trip to the theater though.
2 stars (*****) = The effort was there but it doesn't click, don't waste your time.
1 star  (*****) = Avoid at all costs, this one is a real stinker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment