Monday, August 15, 2016

Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad - starring Will Smith & Margot Robbie.  After reading some of the horrible reviews for this movie I almost decided to skip it, I'm glad I didn't because it wasn't bad at all.  I'm sensing some comic book fans felt it strayed a bit from the original story but since the story was new to me I didn't have that problem.  Don't get me wrong here, it has no Oscars in it's future but I found it to be a nice summer getaway for a couple of hours.  It's basically about a group of misfit badass super villains who are forced to work together to fight the evil Enchantress, who is intent on destroying the world.  I enjoyed that they incorporated fellow DC comic characters like Batman, Superman and the Joker into the story.  Will Smith did a nice job as Deadshot.  I thought that Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn was a lot of fun (although some disagree).   Jared Leto was great as the Joker (although some seem to disagree), he made him as creepy as they come (I could see a Joker/Haley Quinn spinoff).  I can't honestly say anyone else on the cast really stood out, not that they were bad, just that they probably weren't given enough to make their characters stand out more.  Overall, if you're a DC Comic fanatic, you may have a hard time stomaching this one, but for everyone else I think it's worth a watch.

I will give it 3 out of 5 stars (*****).

TPSG Movie Rating System:

5 stars (*****) = Tremendous film, see it pronto! 
4 stars (*****) = Good movie, worthy of a trip to the movie theater. 
3 stars (*****) = Not bad, worthy of a Netflix watch, save yourself a trip to the theater though.
2 stars (*****) = The effort was there but it doesn't click, don't waste your time.
1 star  (*****) = Avoid at all costs, this one is a real stinker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment