Thursday, May 5, 2016

VoteBlueNoMatterWho

George Takei speaks some common sense to the Bernie Bros.

"I'm George Takei. As many of you probably know, I'm a Democrat.And as you may have seen, I've also been a fan of Bernie Sanders. Much of what he stood for and helped bring to the forefront in this primary are things I too have fought for. I stood with the protesters at Occupy Wall Street and have spoken out often for campaign finance reform. I crowd-funded to defeat entrenched corporate interests in Congress. So I like Bernie. A lot of folks like Bernie. Even God, Himself, sent Bernie a tweet. But having been through many bruising primaries in my life, I'm also a realist. From where I sit, the math is clear. Hillary will likely win, and she will be our nominee. But that doesn't mean Bernie didn't also win. He won in a myriad of ways, none more so than energizing the Democratic base in a way no one expected. Young people in particular have become so passionate about this election. Because they recognize the historic importance at stake is nothing less than the very soul of our nation. So I'm asking Democrats out there to take a pledge, along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment