Wednesday, February 3, 2016

2016 Presidential Field Update

Martin O'MalleyMike Huckabee, Rick Santorum & Rand Paul have ended their Presidential runs.  That leaves us with 11 candidates still in the running, 9 Republicans and 2 Democrats.

Here's how the remaining rank in my opinion (as far as their chances):

Democrats: 
  1. Hillary Clinton
  2. Bernie Sanders

Republicans: 
  1. Donald Trump
  2. Ted Cruz
  3. Marco Rubio
  4. Ben Carson
  5. John Kasich
  6. Chris Christie
  7. Jeb Bush
  8. Carly Fiorina 
  9. Jim Gilmore

I like Martin O'Malley, he was a very good Governor and is a strong progressive voice.  It was a bad year for him to run though.  If a Republican somehow manages to win in 2016, I could see O'Malley running again in 2020.  Huckabee on the other hand I'm guessing is done with politics, his only base seems to be far right Evangelicals and that's not enough these days.  I'm guessing he's back on Fox News pronto.  There's really no room for Rand Paul's type of conservatism in today's Republican Party, I fully expect that he will be running again in the future though.  Santorum had his shot 4 years ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment