Sunday, July 26, 2015

Vikings Open Camp!

You can smell the football in the air!!!  NFL training camps have opened!!!  At least for the Vikings and Steelers, the rest of the NFL will open next week.  I couldn't be happier, the NFL is my favorite sport by far.  I'm optimistic about the Vikings chances too, they improved by 2 wins last year and I fully expect they can improve by at least 2 wins this year too.  If they can do that, that would be a 9-7 record and playoff contention.  The big key for the Vikings will be the continued development of Teddy Bridgewater.  He struggled a bit early last season when force into the starters role but his improvement as the season progressed was really encouraging.  There's really no reason to believe that he will regress this season, he's more familiar with the offense, he's more familiar with the speed of the game, he's got a new weapon in Mike Wallace and he's got Adrian Peterson coming back to open up the running game.  Defensively, the Vikings improved immensely under Mike Zimmer and with all the good young defenders that Rick Speilman has acquired over the past few seasons, I fully expect them to continue to improve.  I'm looking for big things this season, I really believe that the Vikings can be that sleeper team that jumps up every year and surprises people!

No comments:

Post a Comment