Tuesday, April 7, 2015

TPSG Randon Musings

  • As a single person, I often wonder what's better, being single or being in a relationship?  I miss the more frequent sex and the companionship of being in a relationship, but I also value my space and having room to do my own thing.  Some of my married friends seem envious of my freedoms too and would gladly change places with me.  It seems to be a case of the grass is always greener for both sides of the argument doesn't it?  
  • Why do they vote for the NCAA Basketball Coach of the Year before the season ends?  There is no doubt that John Calipari's Kentucky team had a great regular season, but the fact that Kentucky didn't even win the NCAA Championship IMO does seem to cast a pall over their season.  Fact is, Wisconsin's Bo Ryan did the best coaching job in the country this past season, he took a roster full of lightly recruited players and nearly turned them into a championship basketball team, there is no way he's not the Coach of the Year in college basketball.  
  • The Republican opposition to the Iranian nuclear deal is a bit puzzling to me.  Why do they refuse to let diplomacy work?  Did they learn nothing from Iraq and/or Afghanistan?  It's almost as if they want another war.  Perhaps, if it does come to war, they can have their kids fight it too.  
  • I hate the fucking zipper merge, it seems to give douchebags a license to wait until the very last second to cut you off in traffic.  I know the desired intent is to keep traffic moving smoothly but it still pisses me off.  Does cutting people off in line at a club or some other venue keeps those lines moving more smoothly?  Nope!  
  • Was there really a huge public clamoring for another Paul Blart movie?  Or another Joe Dirt movie?  C'mon people, some sequels just don't need to be made.   And Adam Sandler, could you please find some new writers, I can count on one finger the number of good movies you've done in the 2000's.  
  • It makes me laugh when I hear right wing pundits claim that all of the recent religious liberty laws aren't about legalizing discrimination.  What would be the point of passing them then?  They would serve no value to anyone if that wasn't their intent.  Do we really want to live in a society where people can impose their religious beliefs onto others?   Separation of church and state should be the ambition of all politicians.  
  • I recently saw "Whiplash" and "Nightcrawler" on DVD, I loved them both, J.K. Simmons and Jake Gyllenhaal are both terrific and very worthy of all of the praise they received for these films.  I highly recommend both, do yourself a favor and see both of them pronto!    
  • The Timberwolves tanking continues, on the bright side, I'm guess they no longer have to worry about falling below the fourth overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft.  If I'm the Wolves, I'd rank the Top 4 NBA draft prospects as follows:  1) Jahil Okafor-Duke, 2) Karl Towns-Kentucky, 3) Emanuel Mudiay-Intl & 4) DeAngelo Russell-Ohio State.  Any of those 4 would help, hopefully they can add Okafor or Towns though as they could use another big body.  

No comments:

Post a Comment