Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Godzilla

Godzilla - starring Bryan Cranston & Aaron Taylor-Johnson.  I finally got a chance to catch this one, I honestly wasn't too impressed.  I actually enjoyed much of the early going, the character development, the foretelling of things to come but the end really blew it for me, it took on too much of a Pacific Rim/Transformers/Battleship tone with all the destruction, completely ridiculous action scenes and closing fight scene that goes on for what seems forever.  The 2 hour running time was also way too much.  The special effects were good though, and I assume it would have looked even better had I seen it in 3-D.  Unless you are a Godzilla freak, I honestly wouldn't even recommend a DVD rental on this one, there are better ways to spend 2 hours in my opinion.

I will give it 2 out of 5 stars (*****).

No comments:

Post a Comment