Saturday, April 5, 2014

Possible David Letterman Replacements

It seems only fitting that I create a Top 10 list for my early picks to replace David Letterman on "Late Show".  Here goes:
  1. Patton Oswalt - smart, quirky, edgy, he'd have my full support
  2. Tina Fey - late night could probably use a female presence. 
  3. Conan O'Brien - he did replace Letterman once before. 
  4. John Oliver - he was fantastic filling in for Jon Stewart last summer.
  5. Louis C.K. - it doesn't get any funnier, he'd keep things loose.
  6. Craig Ferguson - he is very good on "The Late Late Show"
  7. Chelsea Handler - probably too edgy for a network but that's why I'd love to see it.
  8. Jay Leno - he needs a job, just throwing it out there.
  9. Neil Patrick Harris - he's been fantastic as an awards show host. 
  10. Jerry Seinfeld - he's still as funny as they come.
I've heard the names Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert mentioned too, I have no doubt that either of them would make great hosts, but I really love them where they are now, I don't want to see either of them leave their current shows so I didn't list them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment