Saturday, July 13, 2013

Spring Breakers

"Spring Breakers" - starring James Franco, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens.  This movie is now available on DVD.  It's not at all what I expected.  I figured it would be just another teen spring break comedy, it was not.  It was actually quite disturbing.  I'm guessing parents sending their teens off to see a lighthearted Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens flick would be quite perturbed if they were aware of all of the boobs, booze, drugs and gun play that were involved in this flick.  It's about a group of girls who fund their spring break trip by robbing a diner.  During an ensuing night of partying while on Spring Break they get arrested on drug charges only to be bailed out by a local thug/drug dealer/rapper wannabe (Franco). Their trip continues to spiral out of control from there, it's quite the ride, although I suspect it's not for everybody.  Franco was fantastic, he was hardly recognizable as the drug dealing thug.  I was entertained, I would recommend it. 

I will give it 4 out of 5 stars (*****).

No comments:

Post a Comment