Saturday, July 27, 2013

NFL Training Camps Open!!

I'm so psyched!  NFL training camps are all now open!  Football is just around the corner, there is actually a preseason game next weekend.  Football is by far my favorite sport, I couldn't be happier. 

One thing I'm not real excited about is the Arizona Cardinals moving their training camp home from Flagstaff, AZ to Glendale, AZ.   I realize that it's cheaper for the Cardinals and it does probably open it up for more of the Valley area Cardinals fans to see them practice, I just don't think that it was a very well thought out move.  First of all, they are the Arizona Cardinals, not the Phoenix Cardinals, the fans in northern Arizona looked forward to watching the Cardinals practice every summer, why do those fans not count?  Secondly, many Valley fans loved the trip up north to escape the summer heat of the Valley, it was perfect cost effective, family friendly getaway for many.  Third, I would have to imagine that practicing outside, and at a higher altitude, would be much preferable, and beneficial, to the players than practicing inside the stale antiseptic atmosphere of the University of Phoenix Stadium will be.  Fourth, I'm guessing team chemistry is built much better in the small town, college atmosphere of Flagstaff than it is at some hotel in Glendale (yeah, I know, go ahead, bring up their track record).  Fifth, I can only imagine how chewed up the playing field will be at University of Phoenix Stadium after several weeks of two a day practices.  Lastly, it's tradition, why is everybody so quick to abandon a tradition, they should be building around their history and tradition not abandoning them.  Time will tell I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment