Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Top 10 TV Shows of 2011-2012 Season

The 2011-2012 television season has about come to an end so I thought that I'd list my favorite shows for the season. Breaking Bad (AMC) and Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) are miles ahead of the pack as far as I'm concerned, unfortunately they both run really short seasons and can be hard to find. I was a little disappointed with the rest of the pack, I had a hard time naming 8 other shows to list. Parks and Recreation (NBC) does continue to improve and their cast is top notch, it's clearly number 3 on my list. Modern Family (ABC) slipped a little. 30 Rock (NBC) didn't come on until mid-season and then slipped some,  it has gotten old quickly.  The Office (NBC) had some good moments but the loss of Steve Carell proved hard to overcome. How I Met Your Mother (CBS) slipped some, I think it's time they reveal how Ted meets his kids mother. The continuing turnover in the cast of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS) has slowed their momentum and although still worth a watch, it's starting to get a bit stale. Big Bang Theory (CBS) had it's moments as did The Mentalist (CBS), but both are honestly on my list by default more than anything though.

I gave some thought to adding It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX) and The League (FX) to the list but both seem to have fallen into the trap of trying to out crude each other. Don't get me wrong, I love a good crude laugh now and then, but you've got to give me some meat too.

The new shows were pretty weak also, I enjoyed Prime Suspect but sure enough the geniuses at NBC decided to cancel it. Once Upon A Time was a very original new show, as was Grimm, both deserve a watch. Hopefully the networks up their game this coming season because the networks could really use an infusion of quality new shows.

I may need to start watching more cable, I hear good things about Justified (FX), Game of Thrones (HBO) and The Walking Dead (AMC), but have not watched any of them.    Anyways, here's my list:
  1. Breaking Bad - AMC
  2. Curb Your Enthusiasm - HBO
  3. Parks and Recreation - NBC
  4. Modern Family - ABC
  5. 30 Rock - NBC 
  6. The Office - NBC
  7. How I Met Your Mother - CBS 
  8. CSI:  Crime Scene Investigation - CBS
  9. Big Bang Theory - CBS
  10. The Mentalist - CBS 
Best new shows:    Once Upon A Time (ABC) & Grimm (NBC). 

No comments:

Post a Comment