Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2010 World Cup

The 2010 World Cup starts Friday in South Africa.  While I'm not a huge soccer fan I do enjoy watching the World Cup every four years.  Team USA should do okay, I'm not expecting them to win this thing by any means but with their draw I would be disappointed if they don't at least make it to the second round.  They've come a long way, they can put some decent players on the field now days.

My pick to win the 2010 World Cup?  I've got to go with Brazil, they've got the most talented team and they will be playing in the southern hemisphere (no European team has ever once outside of Europe).  Other contenders?   Spain, Germany, Argentina and the UK.  I'm guessing somebody else will come out of no place too, I'm just not sure who (Ivory Coast?).

No comments:

Post a Comment