Thursday, April 21, 2016

Suns Hire Earl Watson

The Phoenix Suns hired Earl Watson as their new head coach yesterday.  Not to disparage Watson, he may turn out to be a heckuva a coach, but honestly this move really doesn't inspire to run out and buy season tickets.  Perhaps I just got my hopes up too much when I heard Jay Wright's name being bandied about.  It's also a bit troublesome that from all reports, they didn't even interview anyone else.  What would it have hurt to reach out to a few top names, it would at least give the impression that Watson was the best choice among many talented candidates when he got the job.  The franchise has been mired in mediocrity lately and I'm not sure this move will move the needle much.  I'm guessing they were at the low end of the totem pole among vacancies though, so perhaps Earl Watson really is the best they could do.  Anyways, I hope I'm wrong, I'll be pulling for him to succeed.  At little luck at the draft lottery would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment