Monday, April 25, 2016

2016 TPSG NFL Mock Draft 6.0

The NFL Draft starts on Thursday!   News since my last mock draft?  The Eagles gave up a boatload in a trade to the Browns for the number 2 overall pick of the draft.  The Redskins signed free agent CB Josh Norman to alleviate their pressing need at CB, but creating one for the Panthers.  Needless to say, I think it's time for a mock update.
  1. Los Angeles Rams - Jared Goff - QB - California
  2. Philadelphia Eagles - Carson Wentz - QB - North Dakota State 
  3. San Diego Chargers - Jalen Ramsey - CB Florida State  
  4. Dallas Cowboys - Joey Bosa - DE - Ohio State 
  5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Myles Jack - LB - UCLA 
  6. Baltimore Ravens - Leremy Tunsil - OT - Mississippi 
  7. San Francisco 49ers - Deforest Buckner - DE - Oregon
  8. Cleveland Browns - Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Ohio State 
  9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Vernon Hargreaves - CB - Florida
  10. New York Giants - Ronnie Stanley - OT - Notre Dame
  11. Chicago Bears -  Leonard Floyd - LB - Georgia
  12. New Orleans Saints - Sheldon Rankins - DT - Louisville 
  13. Miami Dolphins - Eli Apple - CB - Ohio State 
  14. Oakland Raiders - Reggie Ragland - LB - Alabama
  15. Tennessee Titans - Jack Conklin - OT - Michigan State
  16. Detroit Lions - Taylor Decker - OT - Ohio State 
  17. Atlanta Falcons - Darron Lee - LB- Ohio State 
  18. Indianapolis Colts - Ryan Kelly - C - Alabama 
  19. Buffalo Bills - Jarran Reed - DT - Alabama 
  20. New York Jets - Noah Spence - DE - Eastern Kentucky
  21. Washington Redskins - Andrew Billings - DT - Baylor
  22. Houston Texans - Corey Coleman - WR - Baylor 
  23. Minnesota Vikings -  Laquon Treadwell - WR - Mississippi 
  24. Cincinnati Bengals - Josh Doctson - WR - TCU 
  25. Pittsburgh Steelers - William Jackson III - CB - Houston
  26. Seattle Seahawks - Germain Ifedi - OT - Texas A&M 
  27. Green Bay Packers - Shaq Lawson - DE - Clemson
  28. Kansas City Chiefs - Robert Nkemdiche - DT - Mississippi 
  29. Arizona Cardinals - Paxton Lynch - QB - Memphis
  30. Carolina Panthers - Mackensie Alexander - CB - Clemson  
  31. Denver Broncos - Connor Cook - QB - Michigan State
QB's will go 1-2 in this draft, it's just a matter of in which order.  It sounds like the Rams are leaning towards Goff and I'm guessing the Eagles would be fine with that.

I'm guessing the Chargers are down to Jalen Ramsey & Leremy Tunsil.  Tunsil really doesn't fit their profile though, so I'm guessing they grab the best DB in the draft.  Deforest Buckner is another possibility for them too.

I think the Cowboys would love for Ramsey to fall to them, but I'm guessing he doesn't.  That makes Bosa a no-brainer IMO.  I'm a huge Bosa fan, he can be dominating, he also fills a big need for the Cowboys.  Don't rule out Ezekiel Elliott though, the Cowboys never replaced DeMarco Murray and Elliott appears to be the clear class of the RB position in this draft.

The Jags are kind of a wildcard here.  I think they really love Myles Jack and he would be a great fit in their system, but his knee has to be a huge concern with a pick that high.  It wouldn't shock me to see them go with Buckner, Tunsil or Bosa either (if they fall to the Jags).

I think the Ravens will sit back and see who falls to them, then happily grab the BPA.  I suspect Tunsil, Bosa or Buckner.

The 49ers will be interesting to watch, could they grab Paxton Lynch this early?  I doubt it, but it wouldn't shock me either.  I'm guessing they will be picking between Deforest Buckner and Ronnie Stanley.

I doubt that Ezekiel Elliott makes it past the Browns.  Hue Jackson at heart believes that you win by establishing a running game, couple that with the fact that the Browns are weak at QB and WR and nabbing Elliott here makes a lot of sense.  Unless they can entice the Dolphins to move up so that they can take Elliott.  Regardless, I think Elliott goes at the number 8 spot.

Almost all of the mocks have the Bucs taking Vernon Hargreaves, he'd be a good fit there too.

I suspect that the Giants would love to see Ezekiel Elliot to drop to them, I don't see that happening though.  Perhaps they could swing a deal with the Browns to move up?  OL seems logical for them too and Ronnie Stanley would be a nice fit.  I wouldn't rule out a WR to team with OBJ either.

I'm pretty sure that the Bears will be looking to help their defense early.  Given the lack of a pass rush they had last year I'm guessing a pass rusher like Leonard Floyd or Noah Spence has to be high on their list.  I wouldn't rule out a DT like A'Shawn Robinson, Jarran Reed or Sheldon Rankin either though.

The Saints defense was horrible last year, they really need to fortify it.  I suspect they go BPA who plays defense here.  Sheldon Rankin is a stud, he'd be a great fit here.  Shaq Lawson may be a good fit here too.

The Dolphins really need a RB and I think they covet Ezekiel Elliott.  If he's there at 13, he's as good as a Dolphin.  I'm guessing he's gone though.  In that case, the Dolphins either trade up to get him, or go defense, I suspect CB (Eli Apple or William Jackson III).  Shaq Dawson is a darkhorse too.

The Raiders have a huge hole at the MLB position.  Reggie Ragland is the best MLB available in this draft.  It seems like a match.  Another CB is also possible if they feel this is too high for Ragland to be selected.   In that case, I'd look for Eli Apple or William Jackson III here.

The Titans really need to bolster their OL and keep Mariota protected, if they could get Conklin here after trading down from the top spot, I think they'd be ecstatic.

I think the Lions focus on offense early.  The OL could really use an upgrade, but they also have the opportunity to select the top WR in the draft to replace the recently retired Calvin Johnson.  I suspect they will be choosing from Taylor Decker, Ryan Kelly, Laquon Treadwell and Josh Doctson.

I'm pretty sure the Falcons pick a LB, look for either Darron Lee, Leonard Floyd or Reggie Ragland to land here.

I suspect that the Colts go either OL, WR or pass rusher.  I think that narrows it down to Taylor Decker, Ryan Kelly, Noah Spence or one of the WR's (Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman or Fuller).

I think the Bills go defense, specifically the interior of the DL, look for Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Andrew Billings or Robert Nkemdiche here.

There's a lot of steam around Paxton Lynch to the Jets here, but I'm just not buying it.  Lynch is far from a finished product and while he has the tools he won't be ready to play anytime soon.  Don't they have a QB like that in Bryce Petty already?   I think Todd Bowles would love to add a pass rusher like Noah Spence or Leonard Floyd before adding another not ready QB.

Before last week, I was sold on a CB to the Redskins in round 1.  Now that they've signed Josh Norman I suspect that they look to help their DL.  Andrew Billings would be a great fit here, as would Jarran Reed or A'Shawn Robinson.

The Texans need another WR, I'm pretty certain they grab one here.  Corey Coleman seems like the best fit opposite DeAndre Hopkins too, so he makes a lot of sense here, as does Will Fuller.

I'm feeling pretty confident that the Vikings will be looking WR too, I think they would prefer a bigger WR with some good ball skills, that seems to narrow it down to Laquon Treadwell and Josh Doctson.   Rick Speilman has a history of trading down too so that wouldn't surprise me either (if they feel confident that they could grab a Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd or perhaps Sterling Shepard in round 2-3).  Andrew Billings is reportedly real high on their list too.

I think the Bengals will continue the run on WR's at 24, Doctson, Fuller or Coleman would all look great opposite A.J. Green.  Noah Spence is a darkhorse here too.

I highly suspect that the Steelers will go with a CB here, I suspect they'd love for Eli Apple or William Jackson III falls to them.  I could see Mackensie Alexander or Artie Burns here too.

I think the Seahawks will try to help their trenches there, with either an offensive lineman or defensive tackle.  Germain Ifedi or Jason Spriggs would make sense along the OL, one of the many DT's (Andrew Billings, Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Robert Nkemdiche, Chris Jones) wouldn't surprise me here either.

I suspect that the Packers go defense early on, either along the DL or at LB.  If Shaq Lawson or Andrew Billings drop to this point I think the Packers would pounce.  Jarran Reed, Kenny Clark or Reggie Ragland would be a nice fit here too.  I wouldn't be shocked if they try to upgrade at WR either (although they may wait until the 2nd or 3rd round for that).

I have no idea which direction the Chiefs go, they could use DL depth, they could use another CB, they could use another WR.  I suspect they go be BPA at one of those spots.

If Paxton Lynch were to fall to the Cardinals, I'm not sure how they would pass.  Ryan Kelly would be a great fit for the Cardinals too.  If neither of those 2 are available, I think they look DB, pass rusher or trade down.

With the surprising departure of Josh Norman last week the Panthers all of the sudden have an opeing for another CB.  Mackensie Alexander would look nice there.  A DE like Shaq Lawon or Kevin Dodd would look nice there too (and yes, it's a coincidence that they are all Clemson players).

The Broncos are desperate for a QB, I suspect they reach for Connor Cook here.  If not, I'd look for them to go DT.



No comments:

Post a Comment