Sunday, August 23, 2015

City of Phoenix Elections

Although I don't live in Phoenix, I do live nearby and what happens there does effect me, thus I have been paying close attention to their upcoming elections.  As such, I have a few endorsements on a couple of the races.

Mayor:  I had questions about Greg Stanton before he took office, but those questions have been answered and I have been very impressed.  He's been one of the few sane voices in this state, we need more politicians like him not less.  I strongly support his re-election

Proposition 104:  This proposition would result in a sales tax increase to fund new transportation projects in the city over the next 35 years.  It would cover everything from extending the light rail system to fixing roads and bridges, to expanding bus services and more.  It will also create jobs for lots of people.  Don't let the anti-tax crowd scare you, it's a small tax that won't negatively effect anyone, yet it will benefit many.  If ever there was a city that was in need of this it's Phoenix, I strongly urge a Yes vote.


***Edit***
-Greg Stanton easily won re-election.
-Prop 104 passed by a comfortable margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment