Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Captain Phillips

"Captain Phillips" starring Tom Hanks & Barkhad Abdi.  This movie tells the true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the hi-jacking of his cargo ship by Somali pirates off the Somali coast.  This is a great movie, in fact, I think it was probably the best movie that I've seen this year.  I really can't say enough good things about it, it was suspenseful, fast moving, terrifying, you name it.  Director Paul Greengrass does a great job of building the suspense up to the movie's climactic conclusion, Tom Hanks is wonderful as Captain Phillips and Barkhad Abdi is terrific in his first staring role.  It also left me feeling glad to know that we have a military force like the Navy Seal Teams defending us, those guys are remarkable.  Go see it!

I will give this movie 5 out of 5 stars (*****).

No comments:

Post a Comment