Sunday, October 13, 2013

Vikings 10, Panthers 35

The Vikings lose to the Panthers 35-10 today in Minneapolis to fall to 1-4 on the season.  It was a pretty ugly game for the Vikings, they couldn't sustain their drives on offense and they couldn't get off the field defensively.  I'm not sure what the problem is at this point, I don't necessarily think it's lack of talent, to me it looks to be more of a problem of coaching and schemes, I'm just not entirely sure that they are maximizing their talent to it's full ability.  If I were Leslie Frazier, I would would start worrying out my job security.  The only reason they wouldn't fire him mid season is that there's really nobody on staff qualified to replace him. 

Observations:
  • The Vikings played about as lifeless and uninspired as I have seen in a long time.  
  • How do you lose by 25 points, at home, coming off bye week against a 1-3 team?  
  • The Vikings really struggled picking up the blitz today.  
  • Time of Possession:  Panthers 36:27, Vikings 23:33.  
  • Matt Cassel certainly didn't grasp ahold of the starting QB job. 
  • I suspect that Josh Freeman starts at QB for the Vikings next week
  • The Viking defenders were biting on that play action pass all game long.  
  • Bill Musgrave & Alan Williams really have no business being NFL coordinators.  
  • The Vikings defense has been just atrocious this year.  
  • Desmond Bishop gets his first Vikings start and promptly gets injured?  Ouch.
  • My condolences to Adrian Peterson and his family/friends.  
  • Yes, that was Matt Kalil & Ryan Kalil's sister Danielle Kalil singing the national anthem. 
  • Up next?  @ New York to take on the Giants on MNF.

No comments:

Post a Comment