Sunday, June 16, 2013

Man of Steel

"Man of Steel" starring Henry Cavil & Amy Adams.  There's a lot to like about the latest re-imagining of the Superman saga, the cast is superb, Cavil and Adams showed some nice chemistry, the special effect are top notch but in the end it just seemed to play out too much like a 'Transformer' movie for my tastes with seemingly endless CGI battles scene after endless CGI battle scene.  Perhaps having Christopher Nolan's name associated with it set my expectations too high, unfortunately he was only the producer of this film, not the director.  The directing chores went to Zach Snyder of '300' & 'Watchmen' fame.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a horrible movie, but I doubt you'll find it on any year end top 10 lists. 

I will give it 3 out of 5 stars (*****). 

No comments:

Post a Comment