Sunday, July 15, 2012

Suns Acquire Luis Scola

The Suns acquired PF Luis Scola today.   I'm finding this move to be a bit of a head scratcher.  It's not that I'm not a fan of Luis Scola, he's a good player, he'll help, but I'm not quite sure that the PF spot was their most pressing need, they already have Markieff Morris, Channing Frye and Hakim Warrick who can play the PF spot (Michael Beasley can play there too).  It kind of harkens back to the Hedu Turkoglu & Josh Childress signings a few years back, they were/are quality players but they just didn't seem to fit.  They also still have a huge need to fill at the SG position.  I'm hoping that the added salary doesn't hinder their ability to bring in a quality SG (they are rumored to be interested in Courtney Lee or O.J. Mayo).  I suspect that there must still be a few more moves to come (Hakim Warrick is redundant at this point, as is Channing Frye and Josh Childress is vastly overpaid, I suspect they could all be moved).  I guess I'll just have to let the off season play out a bit longer before judging them.

As of now, here's how they're looking:

No comments:

Post a Comment