Thursday, September 1, 2011

ASU 48, UC-Davis 14

Nice start for the ASU football team tonight as they ran over UC-Davis 48-14.  Yeah, I know, UC-Davis is no powerhouse, still they did a lot of nice things, I was impressed.  Expectations are high and this game did not do anything to diminish those expectations IMO. 

Observations:
-Cameron Marshall looks to be on the verge of a breakout year at RB.
-Brock Osweiler looked sharp at QB, I think he's going to have a good year. 
-Vontaze Burfict is still a beast, he had a couple of sacks and appeared to be everywhere.
-Junior Onyeali looked good at DE, he was in the backfield quite a bit. 
-Alex Garoutte looks like a suitable replacement for Thomas Webber at Kicker, so far anyways.
-The defense was much more aggressive than last year, lots more blitzing, I liked it.
-I really like the depth at RB & WR, not so much at QB. 
-Good to see QB Mike Bercovici get some playing time. 
-It was 104 degrees at kickoff, I love my HDTV.  
-Up next is Missouri next Friday @ Sun Devil Stadium, that will be a much tougher match up. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment