Friday, July 22, 2011

Best White NBA Players Ever

In honor of the NBA lockout, I think it's time I make an NBA post.  For the record, this is not meant to be a racist post, I hope nobody takes it that way.  Since the NBA is dominated by black players nowdays I was just trying to think of who some of the great white NBA players were and how their play would translate into today's game.  While I will be the first to admit that the athleticism of today's players is off the charts, it also is severely lacking in fundamentals (from both black and white players), I'd love to see how these guys in their prime would match up with today's players.

So anyways, here's my list of the 20 best American white NBA players ever:
  1. Larry Bird
  2. John Stockton
  3. George Mikan
  4. Jerry West
  5. Bob Cousy
  6. Bill Walton
  7. Pete Maravich
  8. Kevin McHale
  9. Tom Chambers
  10. Dave Cowens
  11. Paul Arizin
  12. Billy Cunningham
  13. John Havlicek
  14. Bob Pettit
  15. Dolph Schayes
  16. Bill Sharman
  17. Jack Sikma
  18. Chris Mullen
  19. Jeff Hornacek
  20. Dave DeBusschere

No comments:

Post a Comment