Monday, June 19, 2017

TPSG 2017 NBA Mock Draft

The 2017 NBA Draft is coming up on Thursday, I think it's probably a good time for a mock draft.  A little disclaimer here, having grown up near the Twin Cities and having since moved to Phoenix, I'm a big fan of the Suns and the Timberwolves.   Anyways, here's my mock:

  1. Philadelphia 76ers - Markelle Fultz - PG - Washington 
  2. Los Angles Lakers - Lonzo Ball - PG - UCLA 
  3. Boston Celtics - Josh Jackson - SF - Kansas 
  4. Phoenix Suns - Jonathan Isaac - F - Florida State 
  5. Sacramento Kings - De'Aaron Fox - PG - Kentucky
  6. Orlando Magic - Jayson Tatum - SF - Duke
  7. Minnesota Timberwolves - Malik Monk - OG - Kentucky
  8. New York Knicks - Dennis Smith - PG - North Carolina State
  9. Dallas Mavericks - Frank Ntilikina - PG - International 
  10. Sacramento Kings - Lauri Markkanen - PF - Arizona
  11. Charlotte Hornets - Zach Collins - PF - Gonzaga
  12. Detroit Pistons - Luke Kennard - OG - Duke 
  13. Denver Nuggets - John Collins - PF - Wake Forest
  14. Miami Heat - OG Anunoby - SF - Indiana 
  15. Portland Trail Blazers - Justin Patton - C - Creighton
  16. Chicago Bulls - Jarrett Allen - C - Texas
  17. Milwaukee Bucks - Bam Adebayo - C - Kentucky 
  18. Indiana Pacers - Justin Jackson - SF - North Carolina
  19. Atlanta Hawks - Harry Giles - C - Duke
  20. Portland Trail Blazers - T.J. Leaf - PF - UCLA
  21. Oklahoma City Thunder - Ivan Rabb - PF - California 
  22. Brooklyn Nets - Isaiah Hartenstein - PF - International 
  23. Toronto Raptors - Semi Ojeleye - F - SMU 
  24. Utah Jazz - D.J. Wilson - PF - Michigan 
  25. Orlando Magic - Donovan Mitchell - SF - Louisville 
  26. Portland Trail Blazers - Jordan Bell - PF - Oregon 
  27. Brooklyn Nets - Anzejs Pasecniks - C - International 
  28. Los Angeles Lakers - Tyler Lydon - PF - Syracust
  29. San Antonio Spurs - Josh Hart - OG - Villanova 
  30. Utah Jazz - Frank Jackson - G - Duke
Josh Jackson seems like he'd be an ideal fit for the Suns, I don't see him falling to number 4 though.  I doubt that Fultz or Ball do either, if any of them did, I suspect that the Suns would pounce on them.  Outside of those 3, I have heard they like Jonathan Isaac, Jayson Tatum and De'Arron Fox.  I don't see the need for a PG, so I'd rule out Fox.  I'd probably go with Tatum if I was making the pick, he would slot very nicely into the SF spot for them.  I'm guessing they go with Jonathan Isaac though, he could potentially play anywhere in their front court and seems to fit perfectly into the direction that the NBA is moving towards (his game is very similar to Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss though).  

The Timberwolves look to be targeting shooters and defenders.  Malik Monk would certainly give them a shooter, as would Lauri Markkanen, both have their faults though, namely defense.  Dennis Smith or Frank Ntilikina would perhaps offer more complete players, but they both play primary at the PG spot and unless the Wolves swing a deal or two, I just can't see them selecting another PG.  If Jonathan Isaac were to fall to them, I'm guessing he'd be their pick, I doubt that happens though.  I'd put my money on Monk or Markkenan.  Or how about packaging #7 along with Ricky Rubio & Zach LaVine to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler and #16?  

No comments:

Post a Comment