Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Equalizer

The Equalizer - starring Denzel Washington & Marton Csokas.  When I saw that Denzel Washington was teaming with Antoine Fuqua once again, I knew I would have to see it and I did just that about a month ago.  This one is based on the 1980's television show of the same name.  Denzel plays Robert McCall a retired covert ops agent who turns vigilante hero for his rough Boston neighborhood.  McCall is trying to live a quiet life, he works at a large home improvement store, walks to work and generally just keeps to himself, his sleeping problems portents a mysterious past though.  Soon McCall begins to notice injustices all around and decides to take matters into his own hands, the end result is quite entertaining as he takes revenge on neighborhood thugs, crooked cops and what appears to be the entire Russian mob.  It's all great fun, the action sequences are very well done, the acting top notch, the direction superb.  I loved it, I highly recommend.

I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars (*****).

No comments:

Post a Comment