Thursday, June 28, 2012

Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare

Surprising decision today from the U.S. Supreme Court, they upheld President Obama's Affordable Care Act.  With a 5-4 conservative edge I thought for sure that they'd overturn the individual mandate but low and behold, Justice Roberts sided with the liberal wing of the court to give them a 5-4 majority.   I am very happy about this decision, I'm a bid fan of it (although I'd prefer a single payer system), so I was very heartened by this decision.  I've got to believe that Justice Roberts was concerned about the legacy of his court as well as it's legitimacy (as they've leaned right on pretty much every major decision since Robert was appointed).  I don't really care about the reasons, I'm just happy they upheld it, the system has been broken for way too long, it was the right thing to do.   It's going to be interesting watching the right wing lunatic reaction to this decision, I'm guessing it will be highly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment