Sunday, April 10, 2011

TPSG College Basketball POY

....and the 2010-2011 TPSG College Basketball Player of the Year winner is..........

Jimmer Fredette from BYU, congratulations Jimmer, shoot me a message to claim your prize.  Jimmer had a great season, he averaged 28.9 points and 4.3 assists per game, he is now the Mountain West Conference all time leading scorer.  The guy was nearly unstoppable this year, he's got unbelievable range, he could also create his own shot.  I think he'll get drafted somewhere in the middle of round 1 of the upcoming NBA Draft.  I don't see him as a future NBA star but I do see him having a nice long professional career (see Eddie House or JJ Reddick as 2 comparisons).

Runner up:   Kemba Walker from UConn, he had a great season too but I don't think he quite measured up to Jimmer.   I'm guessing he will be quite content with his NCAA Championship ring though.

Woman's winner:   Maya Moore from UConn, no question here, Maya really doesn't have a weakness, she will no doubt be the first pick in tomorrow's WNBA Draft (by the Minnesota Lynx BTW).  

No comments:

Post a Comment