Monday, March 21, 2011

Salt River Fields

I made my first visit to Salt River Fields at Talking Stick last week.  All I can say is WOW.  What a beautiful facility, I have got to believe that it is the nicest spring training site in all of baseball (although admittedly I haven't been to all of them).  Given that Talking Stick Resort is right next door I would think this would be a must visit for all Colorado Rockie fans (and San Fransisco Giants fans too for that matter as Scottsdale Stadium is just a short trip away).  The Cubs are also getting a new stadium not far away (Hohokam Stadium is not far away either).  With the proximity of so many teams to each other (15 teams in the Phoenix metro area), I can't believe too many players or fans would prefer the Grapefruit League to the Cactus League.  I only wish the Twins would make the move out west. 

No comments:

Post a Comment